Outlook.com shows Messaging History from txt messages

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I noticed today while logged into outlook.com with my Windows Live ID, that "Messaging History" folder was showing '2' new messages.

Although when clicking on the Messaging History folder, nothing happened. Eventually the Messaging History went back to normal (non-bold). Then a while later it showed '1' new message and was bold again.

It took me a while to realize that Messaging History was indicating I had new txt messages on my WP8 phone. I'm thinking this is because I have txt messages backed-up/sync'd with my Live Account (new for me on WP8).

The odd thing is, there's no way to view the Messaging History from clicking on the folder that shows new messages. Does anyone know if this is possible?

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow, thanks for posting this. That stupid Messaging History folder on Outlook.com was driving me insane. It said I had a message and there was never anything to view and you couldn't delete/remove the folder to make it go away. I just assumed it was a bug or I had some spam sent to my MSN Messenger account which I never use. It never occurred to me that it had something to do with my WP8 text messages.

Sure enough once I Synced my Microsoft account on my 920 the unread message on Outlook.com went away. It still feels like there's a bug with this since that Messaging History folder is always empty, but glad I at least understand why it sporadically shows a message.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss