XBOX Music Questions (and need Answers)

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I am a long time Zune User and since going to Windows 8, Surface and now the Lumua 920, I am ready to see what XBOX Music offers. Yet, as I search forums and sites, I am not seeing clear answers, so these are the questions I have.

ZunePass Subscribers - I know we can keep our grandfathered 10 songs a month as long as we do it on the Zune software. And I read somewhere, we can still have 3 PC's and 3 devices, right? However, I removed once device and if I want to "download" music to my Lumia 920, it still says I am maxed out on devices. I'd like clear answers on what the real story is here. Am I really limited to just 4 devices all together?

XBOX Music Playlists - I have a mess of playlists appearing in all of my Win 8 devices and they don't even have all of the songs they should have. For example, I have an 80's playlist with 986 songs. In XBOX Music on my PC, it shows that amount but on my phone, it shows 122. And when I create a playlist in XBOX Music, in theory, it should appear across all of my devices, correct? I am a little fuzzy about how this works.

And also, how do we clean up those playlists that are in the "cloud"? Simple as right clicking and deleting? Will they also delete on the local PC?

I really want to get settled in the XBOX Music environment, retire my Zune's (at least fort ZunePass music) and dump Spotify. But I will say at this point, Spotify is so much easier but uglier.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon