p8gh.jpg

Attachments

• wp.jpg
    wp.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 20

Matt Schwartz

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The simplicity of the Windows Phone UI continues to intrigue me. I've spent months customizing the Start Screen design into this.
fgIqxw9.png

I am one of the few who own a Samsung ATIV Odyssey. It does what I need it to but otherwise a locked contract until a year February is going to be painstaking. The functionality and app-optimization on our platform is still a long ways from where it would have to be to draw a larger crowd of users; and to satisfy me in particular. While the marketplace IS growing exponentially, developers are not incorporating the features of live tile, lock screen, and detailed status.

I'm curious what the upcoming versions will implement and or change. Let's hope for some things exciting!

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The simplicity of the Windows Phone UI continues to intrigue me. I've spent months customizing the Start Screen design into this.
Mind sharing where ddid you get the text headers? Probably mentioned a thousand times in this thread but I'm lazy to scroll through them :p

Also, a rather random question but would you get another Windows Phone once your contract ends? ;)

Matt Schwartz

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
No problem at all! HeaderTiles | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

The next product I will invest in, I am unsure.

From a design perspective I would argue that each the Windows Phone, Android, and IOS, are on par with each other. I suppose that I partially chose the Windows Phone when switching over to Verizon from AT&T (where previously I owned a different Samsung product - not a smartphone though) because of the Microsoft Office utility and the simplicity I mentioned with the design. The suite of productivity applications pre-built into the phone I have noticed to be sub-par - editing documents is a hassle! - and the design can only go so far if developers persist on not implementing the variety of functions available to them. Still, the UI is clean and convenient.

If I could purchase a phone right now I would look into a Google buy (the widgets component seems brilliant), that is unless Microsoft does improve the system capabilities.

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I love the white background, do you guys using it notice a larger drain in battery than with the dark themes? Ive stuck with the dark because I read somewhere that it was easier on battery.

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using Tapatalk

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I love the white background, do you guys using it notice a larger drain in battery than with the dark themes? Ive stuck with the dark because I read somewhere that it was easier on battery.

Not alot, but noticeably quicker

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, back again. This time, I changed around my lockscreen a bit, with only a slight modification to the start screen. I wanted to do a white background to match the light theme that I have, but of course, as you know, we can't get black fonts on the lockscreen! I got this lockscreen idea from deuxani (thanks!). The phone is a Lumia 928, white, with a cyan Incipio feather case. Anyway, here it is:

wp_ss_20130914_0003.jpg

wp_ss_20130914_0004.jpg

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

If you use 920 it shouldn't, the type of screen doesn't require more battery with the white theme.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire