how did people react to your Wp8 device?

davide445

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
oh. it's fine. perfect little phone. I just got it though. so haven't downloaded apps yet

Danny I hope in a short time you will master it :), after that learning could you share your experience on that device here or in the 8S thread?

I think you are the first got one, so your first hand experience will be really useful!

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Danny I hope in a short time you will master it :), after that learning could you share your experience on that device here or in the 8S thread?

I think you are the first got one, so your first hand experience will be really useful!
Ok. so I heard you're ordered a 8S right? let me tell you whatever app runs fine on a wp7 device WILL run on the HTC 8S. It's simple.

davide445

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok. so I heard you're ordered a 8S right? let me tell you whatever app runs fine on a wp7 device WILL run on the HTC 8S. It's simple.

No more concern with that, I will maintain my order and I think all will be fine.

But I'm (and I think other are) also curious, your the only one that have one in your hands.

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
All of the friends that I've shown mine to have loved it. One of them said he's definitely getting a WP when he can upgrade in the spring. My wife is the only one who is tentative about it, but she JUST bought a new iPhone 5 and loves it.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Ive only shown my yellow lumia to a customer 5 seconds after my purchase. He bought the white lumia instead of galaxy s3.

I will be taking it to work today and will have much more stuff to add ;)
However, one thing is for sure - it turns heads on the roads and tube stations!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So far shown it to two peeps. Same first reaction - "this is gorgeous looking stuff. Isn't this heavy though?" and "such a beautiful colour! It's not as heavy as I thought!"

However, on that note, I've lost 63% in 4 hours. No data connection on, no wifi, no nfc, no location, no sensitive screen, brightness medium. I am hoping more charge cycles improve that!

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a 820 and its a great device but I don't like ATT so probably going back to Verizon and getting the 822. Windows 8 blows away all other platforms IMO.

glimited

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't really showed off my 920 to friends who are into smartphones yet but my brother who's deep in the Apple ecosystem and has bought every iteration of the iPhone since it came out really likes the 920. He liked how smooth the OS was and didn't even say anything about the weight. He said he wanted a new phone like this and he currently has the iPhone 5. But of course it'll always depend on the person. You won't be able to change fanboys' opinions :p

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I change phones at a sickening rate. At the end of August I signed up with AT&T and got a glossy white Lumia 900 on contract. Then I heard that the Lumia 920 was coming out and was a much improved version, but there was no firm ETA. Since I couldn't use my worry-free exchange to get a 920 I decided to go back to Android and tried the One X. Of all the gripes I had about the Lumia 900, the camera was the only thing I hated. (Even after the update) Sad thing is, when I got the One X and used it for a while the only thing I LIKED was the camera. I went back and got my Lumia from the AT&T store. (Of course a new one, and this time a cyan in matte finish) Thinking this was going to be my phone for the next 8-12 months I settled in on this until my wife and I starting resuming talks about getting our daughter a phone. With discounts, I could get a Lumia 920 cheaper than any goofy feature phone so my wife had the idea to let me get a 920 on my daughters lines and swap the phones. We did just that and my old Lumia 900 is boxed up and waiting for her this coming Friday night. Yes, she is a little young for a smart phone but I would rather her have this and the multitude of garbage out there. Plus, the actual phone features of the device are reliable.

My 920 is black matte, and generally unnoticable. I prefer it that way because honestly a white, red or yellow Lumia would have gotten some unsolicited stares. The director of our department allows us to plug in headphones to a smartphone or mp3 player and listen to music provided that we only leave one earbud in and don't cause a disruption. If you have a smartphone, you aren't allowed to play with it. In some ways my Lumia 900 in cyan looked like an mp3 player of some sorts, until you saw the Windows button. If all I was doing at the time was touching my phone to adjust the volume, people saw the screen and thought I was playing with it. Now because all of the equipment on my desk is black, no one seems to really care at this point and they figure I'm reaching for something else.

My wife loves my 920 and says that is the phone she should have gotten. Well, either the 900 or 920. She has a Galaxy S III that is so littered with problems she might be done with Android. She might let me root the phone - I figure a pure Jellybean install might give her some better reliablity.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
At&t

I picked up a 820 and its a great device but I don't like ATT so probably going back to Verizon and getting the 822. Windows 8 blows away all other platforms IMO.

I did the same but on the 920. I got it Tuesday PM and took it back to AT&T on Wednesday. I had bought it off contract so all I had to do was get credited back that cost. Nice phone but I have had Big Red for almost 15 years so I decided to stay and got the 822. I got caught up in the hype that is the 920 but after using it for a day, not worth leaving Verizon for.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I did the same but on the 920. I got it Tuesday PM and took it back to AT&T on Wednesday. I had bought it off contract so all I had to do was get credited back that cost. Nice phone but I have had Big Red for almost 15 years so I decided to stay and got the 822. I got caught up in the hype that is the 920 but after using it for a day, not worth leaving Verizon for.

wow you were that dissatisfied with AT&T within 24 hours? Why?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
wow you were that dissatisfied with AT&T within 24 hours? Why?
I posted a long note on this forum under AT&T customer service sucks. After all that negative crap trying to buy one, I realized it wasn't worth the effort nor leaving Verizon. Don't get me wrong. If Verizon had the 920, I would jump on it. I bought the 822 so will be patient until I see what the 92xxx is for Verizon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo