WP8 Calendar

skylineaddict

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to share this. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem? The calendar is displaying "placeholders" for graphic design elements.

I got the phone on Friday and synced my GMail and Facebook calendars.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I have a Lumia 920.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to share this. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem? The calendar is displaying "placeholders" for graphic design elements.

I got the phone on Friday and synced my GMail and Facebook calendars.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I have a Lumia 920.
I am not sure I understand what you mean.
If you are talking about the text in a very small font shown for different days, that was the same in WP7 and WP7.5. It indicates dates where your calendar has one or more appointments. Somebody examined the text with a magnifier and it turned out that it is simply random words which have nothing to do with the appointment(s) for that day.

skylineaddict

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure I understand what you mean.
If you are talking about the text in a very small font shown for different days, that was the same in WP7 and WP7.5. It indicates dates where your calendar has one or more appointments. Somebody examined the text with a magnifier and it turned out that it is simply random words which have nothing to do with the appointment(s) for that day.

Yeah, they are words I think in Latin. I Googled some of them and it turns out they are, as I said, placeholders for graphic design elements (like alternate text for images on a web page).

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It's normal.

Windows Phone has always done that, it's just that now you can actually read the Latin and it's more noticable than it was when we were all on 800x480 resolution. They just don't bother to put your actual calendar appointments there because it would be too small to be read. Personally I wish they would fix that and just make it so you can zoom in to the calendar in month view. Maybe in a future update.

timriley

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia920 and HTC 8X have larger screens than an old 3.5" iPhone4 yet programs such as PocketInformant can show events on a monthly calendar usefully with ease. I'm appalled that this isn't possible in WindowsPhone8.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The problem I have with calendar is very different. Rather than start a new thread I'll just add it here.
My Facebook birthday reminders linked from SkyDrive show up on the phone and I think this is a great thing. However all the dates are one day early.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather just see color coding on the days in month view. That way, you can see what type of event it is at a glance

A week, work week, and next 3/4 days view would be a great addition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa