How to manage reminders

rick98761

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I just switched to windows phone from using iOS for years. One thing I haven't found a good replacement for that syncs across all my devices is a task list. I used the simple reminders app in ios all the time to take quick reminders and mark them off as I completed something. It seems OneNote does a lot of that stuff, but it seems like it is made for more robust notes. It also doesn't offer a way to quickly delete everything that is marked as completed. Am I missing something? I would love to use OneNote if I can make it as quick as the iOS reminders app.

Also, when I setup my gmail account it has a checkmark to keep tasks in sync, which would work perfect for what I want to do. I cant seem to find where those tasks sync to though.

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I know on iOS, if you've set up Gmail as Exchange, you can have your "Notes" synced to Gmail as emails. Perhaps this happens to "tasks" set up in the WP calendar app as well? Can't say for sure though.

I will say that from an iOS/Android history, and having a Mac for a work computer and using Google Apps for Business, it's rather difficult to make WP work seamlessly.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I just switched to windows phone from using iOS for years. One thing I haven't found a good replacement for that syncs across all my devices is a task list. I used the simple reminders app in ios all the time to take quick reminders and mark them off as I completed something. It seems OneNote does a lot of that stuff, but it seems like it is made for more robust notes. It also doesn't offer a way to quickly delete everything that is marked as completed. Am I missing something? I would love to use OneNote if I can make it as quick as the iOS reminders app.

Also, when I setup my gmail account it has a checkmark to keep tasks in sync, which would work perfect for what I want to do. I cant seem to find where those tasks sync to though.
@outlook, @live, @hotmail, @msn and any other Microsoft provided emails through their former hotmail service support flagging and task lists. I use them on my phone all the time, syncs right up with my outlook client at home.

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I think they sync into the calendar - swipe to the side and it says to-do. thats where my outlook tasks sync to.

@outlook, @live, @hotmail, @msn and any other Microsoft provided emails through their former hotmail service support flagging and task lists. I use them on my phone all the time, syncs right up with my outlook client at home.

Thanks for these comments. I've been a BlackBerry user and have been planning to move to WP8, but I've been afraid that Outlook 2010 Tasks (and Notes) won't sync to WP8. Based on your comments, am I right to now assume I'll be able to sync Tasks I enter into Outlook to my phone? As a related question, do you know if Outlook Notes will somehow sync to WP8 phones (maybe through OneNote??)?

Thanks again.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for these comments. I've been a BlackBerry user and have been planning to move to WP8, but I've been afraid that Outlook 2010 Tasks (and Notes) won't sync to WP8. Based on your comments, am I right to now assume I'll be able to sync Tasks I enter into Outlook to my phone? As a related question, do you know if Outlook Notes will somehow sync to WP8 phones (maybe through OneNote??)?

Thanks again.

Using hotmail, when I enter a task into Outlook 2010 it appears on my phone but not vice versa. Apparently 7.5 doesn't sync tasks forward, not because it can't, but because it's not supported. That being said, Im sure with WP8 that you can create a task on the phone that will sync to the account and in turn, sync to Outlook.

I have an exchange account with my college that i use to sync tasks forward from the phone. Calendar events work well, both directions.

Outlook notes... Not sure. I know tasks added to outlook from OneNote on the PC get synced but i don't think you can open the note from the task on the phone. Nor can you link a task from OneNote to outlook on the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99