How Do I Make A Playlist?

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I need to make a playlist that has both ZunePass/XBOX Music Pass DRM song and purchased songs. If I do it in Windows Media Player, it doesn't sync the DRM music to my phone. If I simply copy the music over, I have no playlists. What is the best way to do that right now?

Thanks!
Brian

kurtiebird

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I also want to do this... I can figure out how to make a playlist in my Windows 8 desktop, but there appears to be no way to copy that playlist to my phone. Heck, the Windows Phone 8 app even taunts me with "It's lonely in here" when I click on "playlists", so I figure there must be a way to create one.

Isn't there? :straight:

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I've hated this about windows phone in general. I listen to music alot and there does seem to be an EASY way to make playlists on this thing. Unless wp8 changed this and I'm not seeing it.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

BearJammerz

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: hmm

I am also wondering the same... I just started getting some songs onto my phone. I have found out...

If you have the song on your phone, if you hit the menu (...) at the bottom right of the screen, you can "save as playlist". Enter the playlist name you want.

When you go back to "music" menu, you can scroll to 'playlists' (playlists, genres, artists, albums, songs) and see your newly created playlist there.

Hope that helps. I did this on the default green music and videos icon. It does not seem to work, no playlist making option, when you go to Nokia Music. Nokia Music, however will see the playlists you have already made.

Also - I guess it does not matter if your songs are in any folders or not? (I like to put them in folders, so I can find them more easily later).

(I am not sure if playlists save to desktop. I at least wanted playlists on my phone for now.)

Candango11

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have been struggling to create a playlist for WP8 for the past couple days. It would be nice to differentiate the songs user downloads using the Music Pass and the ones he/she already have on their device (similar to what you can do with Spotify).
I wonder how much difficult would be for Microsoft to fix that as it not a simple app you could patch it up with a different version. I just hope we don?t have to wait until WP9 to see it solved =/

Last edited:

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I have been struggling to create a playlist for WP8 for the past couple days. It would be nice to differentiate the songs user downloads using the Music Pass and the ones he/she already have on their device (similar to what you can do with Spotify).
I wonder how much difficult would be for Microsoft to fix that as it not a simple app you could patch it up with a different version. I just hope we don?t have to wait until WP9 to see it solved =/

I think there is...I see music labeled as either a cloud, a radio symbol or music symbol...however, I am now seeing any real synergy with them. So for now, I am creating playlists that are prefaced with OWNED, ZUNE, PHONE or STREAMING...

seraphim19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had to create the playlist in the phone, i added the music to 'now playing' and then using the charms at the bottom found 'create playlist'

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I had to create the playlist in the phone, i added the music to 'now playing' and then using the charms at the bottom found 'create playlist'

Wow...you made it work...at least when creating a list initially...if the "now playing" data gets lost and you want to add to that list, I assume you have to rebuild the complete list again, right?

seraphim19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow...you made it work...at least when creating a list initially...if the "now playing" data gets lost and you want to add to that list, I assume you have to rebuild the complete list again, right?

Yeah, so when setting it up if you lose the now playing by accidentally selecting a song or something, you have to rebuild the whole list :/ its pretty freaking tedious. But when you finally get your list and save it you can always select it again in the 'playlists' if it drops from the 'now playing'. I wish i could just use zune, its so freaking annoying.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
indefinately it will, and the more the complaints , the quicker it will be resolved, dont be afraid to voice your opinion

pendulumparadox

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
easiest way i have found is to hook up to a pc, view your music folder in windows explorer, and you can click all the songs/folders you want and click create playlist then it shows up on your phone immediately.

Aaron Jaeger

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Wow, this seems very tedious for such a basic feature. I hope its something that gets corrected with an OTA update.
Agreed. I was wondering if there is a patent on playlist making that blocks them from doing it more easily... At this point in the patent wars I wouldn't be surprised.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I miss Zune. Still using my ZuneHD in my car and don't really bother with music on my phone yet. A shame really.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss