Determine if there's an update to an App

morrisonbrett

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
How can you tell if there's an update to an installed app? Where is the notification for this?

The only way I've seen is to go app by app back to store and look for Update in the lower left. There's got to be a better way. Anyone?

Tafkas373

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I may misunderstand your problem, but couldn't you just wait for the store-tile to notify you that there is an update for 1, 2, 3 etc. of your apps? Then you open the store, tap updates and choose the ones you want.

morrisonbrett

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I may misunderstand your problem, but couldn't you just wait for the store-tile to notify you that there is an update for 1, 2, 3 etc. of your apps? Then you open the store, tap updates and choose the ones you want.
My Store tile doesn't update and when I go to Store I don't see a section for apps with available updates.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I had a weird thing the other day where if I went into the apps I had already installed on the market it would tell me there's an update, but before going into the app information it didn't tell me. Strange.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
How can you tell if there's an update to an installed app? Where is the notification for this?

The only way I've seen is to go app by app back to store and look for Update in the lower left. There's got to be a better way. Anyone?

You'll get a notification on your store tile. It'll tell you the count of updates available. Be patient - sometimes it takes a day or two, but your store tile *will* be updated.

I had a weird thing the other day where if I went into the apps I had already installed on the market it would tell me there's an update, but before going into the app information it didn't tell me. Strange.

It's always been like this and I don't know why. You'd think since it's checking that the phone would tell you immediately, but it doesn't. Go into the app description, back out, then back in again to get the upgrade notice. You can also hit "share" and cancel out and get the upgrade notice. It's been like this for years now.

I usually just wait for the update notice, unless it's a really serious bug in an important app, in which case I do the in-and-out thing to force the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon