Hi all, had a WP7.5 and Zune for a long time, just got a Lumia 920 and run Windows 7 on my PC.

I have the Windows Phone app on my PC. It I checked a box saying 'Import photos and videos to my PC' and yet nothing is saved to my PC.

So if I want my photos on my PC I have to INDIVIDUALLY select every photo/video... ?? Surely not. What's going on?

On the PC side of things on the app, I can, again, individually select things and then click 'sync' and on the Phone side I can individually select things and 'save to PC' but it doesn't automatically save any new phone content (i.e. photos) to the PC???

Really? Tell me I'm going wrong please!
    11-12-2012 01:02 PM
    You should be utilizing the sexiness that is Skydrive and set your phone to automatically upload images to it. Much better method IMO.
    11-12-2012 01:05 PM
    Are you sure that you photos are not in your "..\Users\<username>\Pictures\From <phoneName>\Camera Roll" Folder?
    11-12-2012 01:06 PM
    They are in that folder if I manually select things to save to the computer, but otherwise, no.

And, I have my stuff upload to Skydrive. Is there a way I can have my PC automatically download and keep up to date with that?
    11-12-2012 01:36 PM
    They are in that folder if I manually select things to save to the computer, but otherwise, no.

And, I have my stuff upload to Skydrive. Is there a way I can have my PC automatically download and keep up to date with that?
    Am I missing something here... Thats what SkyDrive does. I've got Skydrive installed on my PC and on my HTC 8X. My phone automatically uploads my photos (and videos if I want) to Skydrive and my PC downloads them automatically.

When I go to my PC, all of my photos are there. No fuss, no drama.

Isn't that what you want?
    11-12-2012 02:27 PM
    Well, Skydrive is the cloud service. I haven't really used it other than knowing all my stuff is uploaded online from my phone.

Didn't realise you can install a program on your PC too. Cheers.
    -Scienide- likes this.
    11-12-2012 02:31 PM
    Also, just reinstalled the Windows Phone app and it is working again. Odd, but fine!
    -Scienide- likes this.
    11-12-2012 02:34 PM
    Also, just reinstalled the Windows Phone app and it is working again. Odd, but fine!
    Great! Glad you got it working. SkyDrive is pretty good to be honest. I wasn't expecting much from it but it seems to do a lot and it does it well.

Hopefully you'll be getting all your pictures on your pc now.
    11-12-2012 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD