One Touch Calling?

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to have one-touch calling for contacts ? As I know currently we have to go to the contacts list, click into the profile, and click call mobile...which is one step more than I think should exist.

I never noticed this until recently, but this seems to be a missing feature. We can't even pin direct phone calls to the start screen (or can we?)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I just tap and hold on the Windows button the say "Call Person Name". Microsoft wants you to use Voice command. It really works well.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Not only that, you can say call mobile, or, call office etc. Text a name works too, as does dial 1112223333 as a voice command.

forked

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Having voice options is nice but like the OP, I would like a single tap approach to initiate a phone call. (and to be clear, a single tap only. Not single tap plus talking to the phone.). Is there a way to do it? I never found a way on my Trophy but maybe 8 has something.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
You can pin a contact, that's as close as you can get I believe. Or, never remove the calls from call history and touch the phone icon next to the name. But two presses seems to be the minimum, or, press/hold call.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
One tap/touch? Ya lazy bums. ;) But, seriously. As mjrtoo says... two taps is as close as you get using a pinned contact.

Most of my calls are made from call history so this has never really been an issue. And, I don't really think about it when calling someone from the People Hub.

b_wilson

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Here's another option

Install the Wiztiles app.

You can create custom tiles and assign a number of tasks to the tile. You can have a tile just for calling a contact. The phone then prompts "Dial NAME at NUMBER? call...don't call", still making this option a two touch process. But composing an SMS with this app, on the other hand, is one touch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234