WP8 Xbox Music Cloud Colection Without Pass

Anthony Meluso

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got a 920 and I have Windows 8. On Windows 8 most of my music matched. On my phone in the music app I don't see my music. I don't have Xbox Music Pass but I thought it would work just like Google Music where it would store my music in the cloud and let me stream or download it to my phone no matter where I got the music from. Am I missing something here? Or is this feature not there yet for non music pass users?

Anthony Meluso

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have that setting on in Windows 8. On my phone I have "Connect with Xbox Music" and "Xbox Music Cloud Collection" turned on. The funny thing is I can see my playlist names but they are all empty.

I also read some articles about the music locker not being avaible yet, maybe that's it?

wsrobert

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have that setting on in Windows 8. On my phone I have "Connect with Xbox Music" and "Xbox Music Cloud Collection" turned on. The funny thing is I can see my playlist names but they are all empty.

I also read some articles about the music locker not being avaible yet, maybe that's it?
I'm also having the same sort of issue. Reached out to support and apparently its a "known issue" and being "looked into".

Anthony Meluso

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If this is true that would be great.

I really want all this stuff to come together and I'm willing to wait a few months, maybe a year, but after that I guess I'm back to Google.

Anthony Meluso

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When I had my Android phone with Google Music it didn't. I used it for about two hours a week tops. Google Music would cache the song for a few days on your phone so you wouldn't need to stream it again. Worked really well. Never came close to my limits too. I always had my music in sync too... at home, online, and on my phone.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
After playing for the first time with my 8X today I was about to post this same question. How do we make the cloud work without a music pass and using or existing libraries.

I hope this gets solved soon. I don't really hear music on the phone that much but It would be nice to have it when needed.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I asked in another thread if this was possible. I am not interested in paying for a pass to get a spotify-like functionality that I will never use.

So by the sound of the responses there is something in the works. Hope it comes soon. Nokia music should tide me over for a while.

tilemaster

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
lol found this thread after google that problem...and postet in that other thread... so, I have the same problem. and it SUCKS! I can listen to my own matched music on my desktop pc, surface tabket and notebook, BUT NOT on my ****in lumia 920...omg

Anthony Meluso

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I got an update on this from Microsoft. So apparently on a Windows Phone none of you music will sync correctly until you connect your phone to your PC. What it does then is store unmatched music on the phone locally and matched music from the cloud. I wished it worked the way it does on a Windows 8 PC. Just by signing into your Microsoft account you can stream your matched music. I hope the phone version becomes like this in the future. Maybe they will create a cloud player but it's getting really confusing out there with this app.

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I've connected my 920 to my PC numerous times and it hasn't helped solve the problem. Still have no idea how to get Matched Music on my device without manually dragging it there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss