Can you silence notifications?

cgooge14

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to silence email, text, etc notifications while keeping the phone active? I guess I'm looking for a feature like Do Not Disturb in iOS.

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, in System -> Ringtones and Sounds at the bottom is an option to choose what has sounds. Other than that if you hit the volume rocker, click the bell to turn on vibrate.

cgooge14

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, in System -> Ringtones and Sounds at the bottom is an option to choose what has sounds. Other than that if you hit the volume rocker, click the bell to turn on vibrate.
I guess un-clicking the All Other Notifications at night might work...Thanks!

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I keep my phone on vibrate at night. Alarms still go off in the morning with their sound. Just tested it on no ringer, no vibrate and the alarm still went off with sound.

rkgriffin

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I am picking up the Nokia charging stand and hoping that I can configure the NFC chip to auto set all my alerts to silent each night and back again in the morning. Might need a second NFC chip for the second part though?

blakjedi

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
yes

go into settings>ringtones and sounds and then turn both the ringer and vibrate to off...

you can also scroll down in ringtones+sounds uncheck "all other notifications" under "play a sound for"

cgooge14

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I still need the phone to ring as I am on call but just want everything else to hush ;-) I had not thought about the NFC chips...

lonbraj

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I am picking up the Nokia charging stand and hoping that I can configure the NFC chip to auto set all my alerts to silent each night and back again in the morning. Might need a second NFC chip for the second part though?

I don't know if Windows Phone gives access to settings via NFC, for now I think it's a NO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99