Lumia 820 error code 80070003

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
All my music on my Lumia 820 SD card now won't play and comes up with error code 80070003. It had been playing fine. Anyone else got this problem or suggestions?

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I did three things that seemed to cure it. Reduced my sd card to a 16gb size, turned off all xbox settings and finally in wmp I set the conversion rate for files higher than the default. Not sure if it was one or all that made the difference but all the music files now play great.

Guillaume Tomas

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
(if you don't understand what i say, it's because i'm french)
But me too, i have the same mistake, the music are duplicated on my nokia lumia 920, it's really irritating...
Some they are duplicated 2 times, 3, 4, 5, 6 times...
:crying:

Jacob Vedharaj

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I feel like aww why I bought Nokia Lumia 920, Still I am pretending to my friends that things are going fine and praising it comparing with S3 and Iphone

avery anderson 96

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey! So I was really irritated over the same error code, the only thing that I found to solve it on my Windows Phone 8 is to plug your phone into your computer "open to view files" using windows explorer, and cut the ORIGINAL download from your computer, and paste it to the music section in your phone. Don't rename it, don't create a new folder, don't pass go, don't collect $200. Your phone should work all of that out for you. Finally, my songs are playing. If you have bought the music and you don't want to run the risk of having it only in your phone, you can get a free copy form mp3skull.com
That's where I get all of my music, buying it is a waste of time because most of the time I end up losing it..
Hope this helped!

visulent

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia 822 with expandable micro SD card. Specs say 64 gb is possible, I use a 32 gb. After weeks of frustrations with music I think I have something working now. I've chatted with Nokia's site, no luck - didn't get anyone who had a real answer.

Everytime I put an mp3 or wma file on the phone from my own PC collection, the file would 50% of time time be unreadable with error 80070002 or 80070003 or other errors. The card would become corrupt and I would reformat it on my PC. I tried FAT32, exFAT both with the same result. I would only use the Windows Phone desktop app for Win7 to move the files and would get the errors. If I stored the music on the phone's internal memory it seemed to work better (at least the corruption would stop) but again 50% of the files where not playable. I even tried an old 8gb card, same problem so I went back to my 32 gb class 10.

I tried to transcode all my music to .wma as this format seemed more friendly, I was wrong same problems. So I did the hard this and hard reset the phone and re-formatted the SD card and started fresh. Some music transferred with no errors, but then the playable problem persisted again with mp3 or wma.

I noticed that WP8 supports AAC files, so I transcoded all my files to AAC (actually .m4a which is just another file extension but is AAC format inside). I use foobar2000 freeware to do the work.

Then I transferred the music using just windows explorer and low and behold the music is there are readable. You even get a windows pop-up saying that the device doesn't support .m4a files but I transferred them anyway and it's working perfectly. Hard to beleive mp3 and wma implementation on WP8 is so terrible, even my BlackBerry handeled this with ease. Love everything about the phone, I just don't like to have to transcode music to listen to it.

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Similar problems here. What I am going to suggest is defiantly not going to solve all of the music (sync) problems but do eject your phone when removing from computer. This is not the main issue but I feel in some cases it could defiantly be exacerbating the problem.
Bill

sumanto

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
well i have lumia 520 & getng d problem of error 80070003... please help me.... i luv nokia bt these errors totally irritates me....

Julio Urena

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Good Morning Guys,

I used to have the same issue. Next the steps to resolve this issue:
1.- I took out my Micro Sd Card and plug it to a Mac using an Adapter. I copied all the files from the card to the Mac.
2.- Then i formatted the Sd Card using my Lumia
3.- I plugged back the memory card into the Mac and transferred the files to the Memory card.
4.- Inserted the SD Card back to my phone, restarted the phone and the issue was resolved.

Hope this will help you guys.

Regards,

Ani1900s

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys, I am not sure if this will help you all but it did help me as all my music files are playing fine now.
Just used logic that if its mp3 then it should be playing on phone, but then if the extension is different or confusing for phone to identify, then it will definitely cause an error. The song name that is seen on the screen when attached to a PC is different from the actual Title Name of that song and when you download songs from any site then usually they do end up writing the song name with their .com address further to it in the Title Name and maybe this was causing the confusion for phone while playing songs.
So all I did was, deleted the Title Name of all songs by right click and in properties (for novice to understand) and there you go, I recopied it on my phone and all songs are playing perfectly well.
Yes, there is one problem in doing so, the songs are recopied and therefore you need to copy all songs from phone to PC to edit and delete all songs from the phone to avoid duplicates.
Please let me know if this particular solution worked or not....
Microsoft needs to work a lot on music related problems & queries as phone users highly love & uses cameras & music, if any one of them disappoints then one tends to shift from that phone or OS.

Vance Brown2

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I feel the same and pretend windows phones are better than galaxy phones lol I've got over 500 song and they wont play wtf aarrgh!!�� How can i fix this? ?

Vance Brown2

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I know the feeling I've got over 500 songs its like wtf windows phones can't play the simplest mp3 songs windows or Microsoft need to sort this out quick or every one be buying galaxy phones aarrrgh!!��

Ahmed El Hefnawy

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with my 1520. here is how did I solved it :

1 - Deleted every single song from my mobile through xbox music & videos app from the phone.
2 - Recopied the songs again from the computer using (send to) order.

The problem was completely solved.

Megatron Prime

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
its very easy not a great deal. u just need to move all your songs into your pc in a folder via usb or card reader . then connect your windows phone with the pc and move all your songs to sd card in music folder. your songs may get duplicate but restart your cell. and its done. you will no longer receive this error.:excited:

vinodhrajah

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Error code: 80070003

I am not sure this would work out in all your phones but it worked in my Lumia 530 8.1 WP.

1. Open your XBox music, go to Songs, select all songs
2. Choose Delete or Remove from phone
3. You can see the songs remains undeleted even after deleting, these are the repeated files made this error.
4. Delete all the files you see
5. Make the list empty
6. Now add new files to micro SD card, now it plays perfectly :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb