Groups and Rooms

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
My 920 finally arrived, but I cant seem to figure out how to set you groups or rooms in the people hub. Any help?
On WP7.x it's a matter of just tapping the plus symbol in the People Hub. I'm trying to recall how to do it on WP8 providing it isn't the same, which I thought it was.

I'm pretty sure Groups is the same as above. I think Rooms you have to swipe over one more screen. I know there's a sample room, Family, already there. Okay. This reply is total fail. Somebody who actually has a device help this cat out.

Sorry.

mas90guru

Oct 7, 2003
www.s-consult.com
It's in the People hub and you select "Together" and hit the "+" at the bottom.

From what I can see this may not be working fully yet. If you try to form a room with someone NOT on WP8 all they will see is a shared calendar - no group message or picture sharing.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues forming a room with other WP 8 users? I can't seem to get mine connected to mt wife's....

I formed a room with my brother just fine. Sent out the invite, he accepted and his pic showed up in the Room. Tested out chat and photo sharing. By the way... this pretty similar to T-Mobile's family room app, if anyone hadn't noticed that.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
From what I can see this may not be working fully yet. If you try to form a room with someone NOT on WP8 all they will see is a shared calendar - no group message or picture sharing.

It works for me. My wife has an iPhone and she can see the photos and notes I shared. Of course, she has to use the Skydrive and Onenote apps on her iPhone for this, but the group I created shows up as a shared group in each of those apps and she can add to it just fine. Group messaging won't work, but this was announced as a WP8 exclusive feature.

singhal0389

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello people .....I just bought my HTC 8x..and yess it is an amazing phone. Had one doubt...I just added my fb account. It downloaded all my contacts and also It made a default group by itself. Can anybody explain how did it do so?

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello people .....I just bought my HTC 8x..and yess it is an amazing phone. Had one doubt...I just added my fb account. It downloaded all my contacts and also It made a default group by itself. Can anybody explain how did it do so?

Singh. WP is supposed to have integration across social media like that. If you add the account, FB, Twitter, it will sync their page/wall info. So it just a touch away. This also brings the native ability to upload pics, vids, etc across them as well. And FB chat. If you don't want to see your contacts and/or their posts in people hub, the toggle and filter options are in settings under people, or even the settings straight in the hub. The group was a most likely a default thing part of WP.

Happy Holidays

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Great just found this thread right before I wanted to post my own.

I have a problem with Rooms just recently. The notification (toast) for the messages just stopped. It was working at first but now I have to tap into Rooms all the time before the messages update.

Does anybody know why, or which settings I should check out to fix this? The only thing I changed since I got the phone was turn off "Locations", but I doubt that should mess with the messages.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
You know, I notice my stuff was a bit off too. Had to go to FB and change my notification settings. The full desktop site that is. Waiting on the update now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss