Lumia 920 data monitor

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
On the Lumia 800 I had the Counters from Nokia where I could monitor my data traffic. On the 920, WP8, it's not available. Any alternative to monitor my data traffic? I checked my service provider, and there seems to be really weird high data traffic, and I would love to know what's causing it. (even when I'm sure I'm on wifi)
Cheers and thanks in advance.

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Data Sense at the moment depends on the carrier, but with the amount of people complaining I think Microsoft might pull the trigger and make it available to all, with specific features carrier-dependant (like the data compression).

In the very very very worst case, Nokia will updated their Counters app to work with WP8. So wait a few days and we'll know the answer :) I'm eagerly waiting for this.

Bin_Hamdan

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
BTW I have 5GB data plan ,, something wrong with my L920 .. after 3 days the service provider sent me a message informing me that I've used 2.5 GB :shocked: just in 3 days and i am not using it too much. just a few hours daily.

I think there is issue with my L920 :confused:

we need to know how much data our lumia920 using to know whats wrong :mad:

rollo.martins

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Here I do not have 2.5 gigabytes within 3 days, but usually between 50 and 100 Megabytes per day. Usually in one big junk. At different times of the day. I absolutely cannot explain what causes this traffic. An update function? Other ideas?

darthtata85

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi I am also suffering from this very same issue, I have used 500mb in a matter of days! and I haven't downloaded apps ive barely even surfed the web all my apps have background tasks switched off I cant figure out just what is using the data!

RobEllis

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried turning off location services? That does use data, but it shouldn't be anywhere near the volumes you mention. However, every little helps...

PeteMccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Is there other way to control this usage? Here in UAE, I have 1 GB of data package, after just 5 hours of usage, etisalat sent me a message that I already used my package and was charged AED 12 ($3.2) already. Please note that I just received this phone today afternoon, and in my iphone 4s i average 500-800 MB per month only.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
If you're also having battery drain/hot phone you may have a process hanging in background using data. I thought Portico fixed some of these issues but something may be running in background that you are completely unaware of. Just a thought.

PeteMccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Just visited Etisalat and they confirmed that there was some glitch on my plan because I was using before an Iphone and then on the last cycle of the month I suddenly switch to Lumia. but I dont know really why it happend. Just now for the last two weeks with my data always on I consumed 300MB already which acceptable. But still, MS or Nokia should must provide an app/utility to monitor the data usage.

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Live titles that requires internet to be updated basically needs alot of data to be able to give LIVE information..dont u think?

Guys! im sure that WP8 live titles and the backrgroup data usage of wp8 is very high...for example...My carrier, if i turn on 3G, every like 5 minutes they inform me the usage of my 3g. i also have noticed, that wp8 eats alot of data even if its on standby...Also, i recall, when i bought my lumia, wifi and 3g were enabled..if im using my phone wifi is on and no notifications from my carrier using 3g, but when its on standby, every 5 minutes i get notifications that my im using alot of data! It was so confusing so i checked the web and i was acknowledged that wifi doesnt keep alive after its locked! So now i hope its fixed with the update for u guys i have to wait till Feb! But the point is, live title that requires internet and account syncs and sure different application eats lots of ur data.

G

GT2010PassportVersion

Yea this is really bugging me too but I don't have issues like you guys

JezzaDB

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Still nothing provided by Nokia or Microsoft or even a private developer? Seriously? There's an app I can use which gets details from my phone carrier (it gets some of the same info I'd get if I logged into my account in a browser) but there's a time lag of about a day - that makes it harder to track why I've used about 600 MB in my first 12 days with the Lumia 920 (I typically used a bit over 100 MB a month on my N97). My N97 has a Log app as part of the firmware. Can it really be that hard to make an app that measures data usage in WP8?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720