Lumia 920 data monitor

The Monkey

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Is there still nothing here?
I am with Vodafone in the UK, have a 920 for a few weeks and would love to know my data usage as it's a corporate device and I don't want to go over my limit.
I do put it on wifi wherever possible - but surely it's simplicity for MS, Nokia or Vodafone to release a usage monitor......

Kevyn Degia

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Live titles that requires internet to be updated basically needs alot of data to be able to give LIVE information..dont u think?

As it was said before, no, live Tiles doesn't need much data. And when the lock screen is off, they don't get updated (unless there is a background agent for it).
GPS also doesn't drain your data (nor your battery), unless of course you use a GPS tracking app.

When you first run a wp8 device it might be possible that synching from the cloud all your backed-up data (mainly sms, settings and app list) requires more data than an average use. Also, the process might require more data than usual if you set up your email account to download and sync all your emails/folders

Kevyn Degia

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We need data monitor for fack sakes :|

Check with your carrier: they might have an app for it. Or if they don't (after requesting one), ask them for the website of your mobile line (they might even have a version optimized for smartphone screens), where you can find all the information you need about your balance, your data, sms etc

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Check with your carrier: they might have an app for it. Or if they don't (after requesting one), ask them for the website of your mobile line (they might even have a version optimized for smartphone screens), where you can find all the information you need about your balance, your data, sms etc

Lol really I live in south Africa no app and I bet we won't even have a customized smartphone website version ( carrier Mtn )

But thanks for suggestions :)

nez99

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I just somehow chewed through 500mb in 3 days. No idea whats going on. I turned off all background app tasks, turned off my mailboxes from 'as items arrive' to only poll every 15 mins. Turned off autoupload to skydrive for photos/video, uninstalled any apps i wasnt really using. there is a setting for tumblr to update in the background and i have a hunch it was chewing through LOADS of data so ive turned that off and ill monitor it each day through my carrier to see if it improves.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss