Bing Wallpaper on Lock Screen...Broken?

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression that selecting Bing as my lockscreen wallpaper would have rotating images. That doesn't seem to be working.

Is my expectation wrong or is the software not working as intended.

runam0k

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
It switches on my 8X daily, but it seemed to take a couple of days before it started switching.

I don't think I get the picture of the day though. Today it's a weird shot of the moon.

sundawg#WP

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
It works on my 920. I know that doesn't help, but wanted to make sure people knew it's not a phone specific problem. It does only change once a day. Which is ok...but when there is a dumb picture, you have it all the live-long day.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
It switches on my 8X daily, but it seemed to take a couple of days before it started switching.

I don't think I get the picture of the day though. Today it's a weird shot of the moon.

This. When you set it to Bing, it will be that days wallpaper. It will stay that way the next day, then change the following day. It runs one day behind the Bing wallpaper on the search button.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
This. When you set it to Bing, it will be that days wallpaper. It will stay that way the next day, then change the following day. It runs one day behind the Bing wallpaper on the search button.

I don't think that's right. Mine was broken for some time, but MS has fixed it on the back end. If you set it to Bing, your lock screen will now be that day's Bing search wallpaper

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Mine is changing every day and is the same as the day's Bing Search wallpaper.
Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express

Maiko Mathiesen

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine does not work at all. I have tried just a photo, Facebook, Bing, but all it appears with the lock screen is a blank white (or black) page. Anyone familiar with this issue?

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Not working on my 920 and also not working on my 1020. Why does msft keep having stupid simple bugs like this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb