Xbox Music Pass/Cloud Sync Issue

wsrobert

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm all in on windows phone 8 and windows 8. And I'm really loving Xbox music apart from one small (or not so small) issue.

As I understand it, cloud syncing between my PC and phone should be a two way street. Meaning, any downloads/additions/new playlists created on my PC should sync to my phone and vice versa, via the cloud.

Currently, playlists are definitely not syncing between my devices and only songs downloaded/added via my computer sync to my phone (and it seems random at times and other times i have to turn off and back on the cloud sync to force it). Anything done from my phone doesnt get pushed down to my PC. Shouldnt they match in earnest if I'm only doing any downloading and such within the xbox music store on each device?

I contacted support and they mentioned this is a known issue. Anyone else having the same problems?

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Open the Music app on Win8

Go to Settings -> Preferences

is the "when I download songs on other devices, download them here too" setting checked?

wsrobert

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Open the Music app on Win8

Go to Settings -> Preferences

is the "when I download songs on other devices, download them here too" setting checked?
Yep. Definitely checked. Been through settings on my PC as well as my phone numerous times. Sometimes the only way I can get either to sync is if I turn off and then back on the cloud sync functionality on my 920 within xbox music.

RiffBradley

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat - download a full album to the phone, NEVER syncs to the cloud/my PC. Stinks because this was the key feature I signed up for Music Pass for. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb