My Homescreen as of right now.

mcgrathpatj

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can link inboxes :) : Link my email accounts | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

The airplane mode came from an app called "Settings Plus". Unfortunately they don't have a true toggle tile yet, it's still a shortcut to the settings, but it's better than nothing...

@ncxcstud - Will try Bing Vision - thanks! Haven't needed to scan a QR yet...
@scottcraft - Thanks - still playing with it and tweaking it, but glad I have the option to set it up however I want
@downhillrider - go for it... it's open source :lol:

When you link inboxes, does it let you choose which email account to respond from? I have an outlook.com account, gmail account and thena work account. I don't mind my personal being combined, but my work needs to reply from my work email....

Thanks

rickylago2

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Didn't really see too many people pin a lot of contacts to their homescreen. I may change this, but it seems fitting for my most important contacts to surround the people hub.
screen1.jpgscreen2.jpg

Dethzilla

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Noob question incoming...

I see your mail app shows "main accounts". Am I to understand that is multiple accounts? I seem to be only able to set up single accounts (I have three different tiles, one for each mail app and I would prefer one.

Otherwise not dissimilar to my home screen. :)

EDIT: Also, what is your airplane mode toggle? I couldn't seem to find that on the store. Found toggles for wifi and bluetooth (two different apps). Are your toggles all one app?

Haven't read the whole thread but thought I would chime in. Yeah... even in Windows 7.5 you could combine email accounts into 1. If you go into an email... you can click on the triple dots and click "link inboxes" to combine them all into one.

There's also an app called connectivity shortcuts... and within it you can pin all the toggles or pin each individual one... I have one for wifi and bluetooth on my home screen.

Dethzilla

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
. A quick shazam musicsearch pinned.

Dude... Bing on WP8 is amazing... you can actually use bing to listen for music and it'll identify the song. Open it up... click the music button and wahlah... it's listening. Also.. if you open bing and swipe to the side it'll bring up a list of movies, and by clicking it you can get a synopsis of the movie, local showtimes, and reviews from major newspapers and user reviews from metacritic, Rotten T's, and others.

I have a lot of the apps you have but I've trying to go with the integrated experience in regards to Windows 8.

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Dude... Bing on WP8 is amazing... you can actually use bing to listen for music and it'll identify the song. Open it up... click the music button and wahlah... it's listening. Also.. if you open bing and swipe to the side it'll bring up a list of movies, and by clicking it you can get a synopsis of the movie, local showtimes, and reviews from major newspapers and user reviews from metacritic, Rotten T's, and others.

I have a lot of the apps you have but I've trying to go with the integrated experience in regards to Windows 8.
I'm well aware of what Bing can do and normally opt for the more integrated experience as well. But from my tests with wp7.5, shazam works better than Bing. I remember being in an express store and used Bing music to find the song playing over peoples chatter in the store... It was unsuccessful. Shazam on the other hand, worked like a champ. It is after all, the originator.
And if you pin the "listen" function to your start screen.. It ends up being faster than Bing music search

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss