My Homescreen as of right now.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lumia_920_Homescreen_v01.png

I love how the slate looks on the homescreen, but don't like how it makes it difficult to tell whether an email is unread or not. I might switch back to Amber...

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Noob question incoming...

I see your mail app shows "main accounts". Am I to understand that is multiple accounts? I seem to be only able to set up single accounts (I have three different tiles, one for each mail app and I would prefer one.

Otherwise not dissimilar to my home screen. :)

EDIT: Also, what is your airplane mode toggle? I couldn't seem to find that on the store. Found toggles for wifi and bluetooth (two different apps). Are your toggles all one app?

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Noob question incoming...

I see your mail app shows "main accounts". Am I to understand that is multiple accounts? I seem to be only able to set up single accounts (I have three different tiles, one for each mail app and I would prefer one.

Otherwise not dissimilar to my home screen.

EDIT: Also, what is your airplane mode toggle? I couldn't seem to find that on the store. Found toggles for wifi and bluetooth (two different apps). Are your toggles all one app?

Yes, you can link inboxes :) : Link my email accounts | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

The airplane mode came from an app called "Settings Plus". Unfortunately they don't have a true toggle tile yet, it's still a shortcut to the settings, but it's better than nothing...

@ncxcstud - Will try Bing Vision - thanks! Haven't needed to scan a QR yet...
@scottcraft - Thanks - still playing with it and tweaking it, but glad I have the option to set it up however I want
@downhillrider - go for it... it's open source :lol:

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Here is mine. I'm pretty darn content with it. I have everything I need

1st Screenshot
My favorites group is pinned, to the right of it is my most active GroupMe group.
All my "social" apps are lined up below. WZRD is playing on my large music tile. I'm a music lover.
22453d1352992707-1.jpg

2nd Screenshot
Weather, my utils, marketplace, calendar, etc...
I have my games tile with my four most-played games flanking it
Then photos large tile beneath it
22454d1352992714-2.jpg

3rd Screenshot
Office, skydrive, etc... OneNote I use a lot so that needs to be regular sized.
CNN, IGN twitter feed, MTV News, Engadget, and WPcentral make up my "news" section.
Bank of America shows my daily account balance.
And I have my local theatre pinned at the bottom (SO CONVENIENT) with MSN Movies. A quick shazam musicsearch pinned. Also the ever-awesome Nokia Trailers app is there... with netflix, this makes up my movie/media section. :)
22455d1352992720-3.jpg

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Ohh, I see that you have the app "Day Counter". I really like that app. I used it to countdown the number of days till the WP8 and W8 releases. Very customizable too.

And, that slate grey colour is one of my favourite new colour options. Can't wait to try it out (once I get my 920).

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Because of you I just linked my inboxes. I never wanted to before, but since you are able to rename the tile, it is awesome!

I really disliked it saying "Hotmail" when my email was an @outlook.com account.

Banstyle

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for showing me, here's mine!

And if anyone is asking about Penny Arcade, Joystiq icons: I used Wiztiles (amazingly necessary program).

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ohh, I see that you have the app "Day Counter". I really like that app. I used it to countdown the number of days till the WP8 and W8 releases. Very customizable too.

And, that slate grey colour is one of my favourite new colour options. Can't wait to try it out (once I get my 920).

Yep - Day Counter is really useful - I'm doing a 366 Project this year (take and post a photo a day, every day for a year). Much harder than it sounds if you want every photo to be good - I'm now literally counting the days until it's over ;)

@Squatting Hen: I was wary of it at first too, but since these are both personal accounts, it just made sense. Also very glad we can rename the tile!

@Banstyle: cool! That looks like another really good way to organize things. Also a PA fan, and will check out Wiztiles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb