Stop the music! still needed?

gudnuf4u

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My wife just her L920 in cyan and I was playing with it and open Nokia Music to test out the speakers...I stopped the music by pressing pause and exit the app by pressing the left arrow to completely exit.....I thought WP8 would solve the issue of the current song on the menu bar but pressing the volume button its still there...

I thought this would be fix but guess not :mad:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Having the option to turn it off would be nice but I do have an app for that. Most of the time I leave my music on so I can just tap the volume button and start the playback. This is a feature of Windows Phone I don't think Microsoft feels it needs to be fixed. I tend to agree.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Why do you need to stop it?

On WP8, the music banner only appears if you are already listening to music, or press the volume buttons.

Its not like WP7, where it always appeared.

I understood the issue, where the banner always appeared, and people were accidentally starting music, but since its not there without a user action, i don't see the issue anymore.

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I do agree with a stop the music button. I've just been playing a new greenday tune.. paused it, then about 5 mins later i wanted to delete it.. there was no way i could do it as the phone thought it was still in operation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss