NFC / Tap 2 Send...Any one use it yet?

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
So this was one of the touted features and I am wondering if anyone has used these features yet.

I haven't seen a reason to use NFC yet but I hope to find some in the next 3-6 months

Banstyle

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I used it once, with the little piece of test paper that came with the Nokia, but that's it.

I remember seeing posters with NFC chips all over but I don't see them so much these days. Maybe iPhone 5 killed them all.

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
We use it all the time at the store where I work. Makes it really easy to share multiple pictures between our phones.

Also used it with a friend who had a T-Mobile One S to send him some pix.

Tried it with the Samsung advertisements but it said it was restricted to Galaxy S-Three phones. Boo.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I've been sending links, contacts, and photos to my Galaxy Nexus, but I can't get my Lumia to receive pictures from the Nexus, despite the fact it works over Bluetooth.

scottt732

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm using it for wireless charging. I picked up a handful of Mifare stickers on Amazon (1k + 4k). 4k seems like overkill for most cases so if you want to play around with it, pick up the 1k ones to start and save yourself a few dollars. So far, the only thing I've done was to create an App Launch field on one of them that launches my online banking app. I stuck the tag in my wallet so that when I swipe my phone across my wallet, my online banking app opens. Used NFC Interactor to write the tag, but it's kind of annoying in that it doesn't let you pick an app, you have to find the app ID. Easiest way I could come up with to find the app id was to go on the store website on my desktop, find the app, and pull it from the URL. I plan on making another one for my car that will launch Nokia Drive when I put the phone in the cradle on my dash board.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss