03-14-2014 10:06 PM
41 12
tools
    the mystock app has a fairly sweet live tile, with constant updates of your favorite stock tickers

Weather channel is awesome as well with fairly uptodate temp readings and various UI effects
    Facebook livetile is kinda cool now
    Nokia Music and cool
    Xbox Music is probably THE BEST live tile implementation though. The graphical effects are awesome!
    tour cummins likes this.
    11-16-2012 04:42 PM
    Chronos Calendar is good. The live tile can be customised quite a bit. I have the wide tile showing the day, date and four calendar entries on the front tile and another six calendar entries on the back tile.
    WorldTime shows a world map which shows which areas of the planet are currently in daylight and which are in night.
    I like Australia Weather too, partly because other apps use the wrong weather station for my city (the one way out at the airport instead of the one in town) and also because it doesn't show the name of the app, just the temperature, weather conditions and the name of the city.
    04-20-2013 02:15 AM
    Please merge with this thread, moderator:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...wide-only.html
    04-20-2013 07:36 AM
    I agree that the idea of the Live Tiles are the very best. The tiles themselves differentiate WP, but the Live Tiles make it great.

I use mostly larger tiles and they get noticed when I'm out in public. The flipping draws attention. I wish there would be more tiles allowed to be active on the Start Screen and that they would update more often.

My favorite is WPCentral.
    04-20-2013 10:00 AM
    if you are looking for a good tile app, I would try "weave".
    05-22-2013 08:09 PM
    Kevin Rush
    Try using Skinery Themes. You could make your own live tile and can open nearly all of your Apps with their Task section. And if your App isn't supported leave a comment or contact developer and advise them which App you would like access to open with Skinery Themes. So far they have lived up to their word and within 5 days they had contacted the developer of the App I couldn't open with Skinery and permissions were provided - now it works like a charm.
    You also have it flip up to 8 or 9 different tiles - each fully customizable. It's great.
    09-11-2013 01:58 AM
    Most weather apps
    627.AM
    Chronos Calendar, Week View 8, Super Calendar
    Effectual
    WPcentral
    myTube
    09-11-2013 02:10 AM
    Most weather apps are pretty good.
    I like the wide live tile for Chronos Calendar
    MyStocks can do up to 10 stocks (6 front, 4 back, plus daily and overall holdings % change) and updates well.
    The best I've found for news is NBCNews. It has picture and text on front and back, but most importantly changes throughout the day. CNN stays on one story for like 18 hours. At least it did for me before I switched.
    And WPCentral wide tile is very good too.
    09-11-2013 07:48 AM
    Most weather apps
    627.AM
    Chronos Calendar, Week View 8, Super Calendar
    Effectual
    WPcentral
    myTube
    What is the 3rd tile on the bottom row in your avatar?
    09-11-2013 07:57 AM
    What is the 3rd tile on the bottom row in your avatar?
    I think you're referring to a search app called Search All, it searches with many search engines, neat little app. But I use a different one now called Unify. It searches your whole phone including pictures, music, settings, apps, and it can also search with engines, something that Ms should implement in WP
    09-11-2013 10:11 PM
    WPCentral is #1
    NOT free though...
    09-30-2013 06:44 AM
    NOT free though...
    Isnt the developer entitled to earn money?
    09-30-2013 10:24 AM
    2day, very good for task management
    09-30-2013 10:27 AM
    MyFitnessPal has a great looking wide live tile.

Also InsiderPro has a cool one that gives battery percentage, estimated time remaining, etc. on it.
    10-01-2013 10:02 AM
    NOT free though...
    You are going to throw in a comment like this for a measly .99? A app that receives good updates and is constantly feeding us info for windows phone? That is a bargain.
    10-01-2013 10:40 AM
    The Windows Phone Central app has an incredible Live Tile, ahem.

:)
    Old thread/post I know, but is there a way to not run the text off the edge of the tile? Looks messy that way. Using large tile.
    Last edited by cbreze; 03-15-2014 at 10:59 AM.
    03-14-2014 10:06 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD