Question about the signature in Outlook mobile mail client

hike2kolob

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am looking at the Windows Phone 8 for a particular use. When I reply to emails on my phone, I want it to look like I am replying from my Outlook desktop client. I want my replies to be device neutral (desktop, phone, tablet (when I get one)).

In the AT&T store I was able to play with the Nokia WP8 phone for a while and test sync it to an Office 365 account. When I did a test reply email it looked just like the Outlook desktop client in every way but one. I could not add a custom HTML (or rich text) signature in the mobile client so that my usual email signature showed up as plain text.

Was it just me or does the signature box on the WP8 Outlook mobile mail client not accept HTML or rich text? I noticed it accepted smiley faces, but I couldn't get the font to format. Has anyone had success adding an HTML email signature to the Outlook mobile client?

Thanks in advance!

hike2kolob

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just checking back to see if anyone was able to use a rich text or html default email signature in the outlook mail client on a Windows 8 Phone.

Thanks!

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No, it appears to only be straight text in the signature. For what it's worth, it's the same in the Windows 8 Professional Mail app; no HTML/Rich Text, just straight text.

Maybe you could make your Outlook signature straight text? :D

hinterland

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Mmmm bit of a step backwards for me. I purchased a new Nokia 920 primarily for the office integration and I find that my 3 year old blackberry can do something Windows 8 can't

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mmmm bit of a step backwards for me. I purchased a new Nokia 920 primarily for the office integration and I find that my 3 year old blackberry can do something Windows 8 can't
That is because the signatures were handled on the BES/BIS, not the phone itself. WP doesn't have such a third party intermediary to do it.

hinterland

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Unfortunately the why's and wherefore's are kind of redundant the fact is we should be able to format signatures and emails and we can't. I really hope MS do something about it...soon
That is because the signatures were handled on the BES/BIS, not the phone itself. WP doesn't have such a third party intermediary to do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12