Facebook Messages not in Messaging App

driversearcher

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem too.How ever I try everything that been listed here but no avail. I only having problem to received messages from one person only. Other person i could received their reply without problem. The interesting part is, I can send the person my message by when she reply i receive nothing. By the end i just ask her to unfriend me and add me back after that. Then i asked her to send me the message first. And the problem had been solved

pogi920

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
There is a good app in the market that i tried before its Fim it serves an FB instant messenger and it has toast notification that shows whose friend gets online and many more features..

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem too.How ever I try everything that been listed here but no avail. I only having problem to received messages from one person only. Other person i could received their reply without problem. The interesting part is, I can send the person my message by when she reply i receive nothing. By the end i just ask her to unfriend me and add me back after that. Then i asked her to send me the message first. And the problem had been solved
You don't have to try anything. The built-in integration is severely broken. No amount of what you do will fix it. Only hope is for Microsoft to fix it or for Facebook to release a dedicated Messenger app.

driversearcher

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to try anything. The built-in integration is severely broken. No amount of what you do will fix it. Only hope is for Microsoft to fix it or for Facebook to release a dedicated Messenger app.
Yes ammarmalik.. you're right. I only can chat with that person for 3 days. After that, the same problem happened again. Definitely microsoft had to solve this problem fast as it will degrade it's reputation of windows 8. I also having problem to set up MMS on my phone as there is no APN setting on windows 8. For time being i just install FIM just as been suggested by Pogi 920

Danielle LeGG

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I apologize if this is already answered elsewhere, but I did a search and turned up nothing on the first couple pages of threads. (and apparently the Enter key doesn't work on these forums with IE10). For some reason Messages I am receiving from people from Facebook are not being received in the Messages App. I can send no problem, and have made sure using Facebook Chat is activated, permissions set, and my status is "Online." Sometimes it will receive, but it seems to be rare. I have to go into the actual Facebook App to get the message. The worst part is, there seems to be no notification of any kind that there was even a message sent. I just happen to receive it when I sign in to Facebook. Is anybody else having this issue, or know of a fix?

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Through a couple months' worth of trial and error, I have found this issue to be entirely device specific. ie, my friends who are using BB, Desktop, or Android (to date I have only been able to test with the original Samsung Galaxy) devices will come through just fine, but anyone chatting through iOS will not have the notification come through to my phone.

Francoenlanoche

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Guys, first of all sorry for my english. I used to have the same problem and was very annoying, just go to the WPSUPPORT on twitter and those guys will help you out, i really dont know what they did but since they fix it i dont have problems at all, everything works just fine and flawless, give them a chance, if you want to check my conversation with them you cant just search for my user name from here on twitter, i don't tweet a lot so it will be easy for you to find the process. Really just contact them, problem was fixed in 2 days but worth it.

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Through a couple months' worth of trial and error, I have found this issue to be entirely device specific. ie, my friends who are using BB, Desktop, or Android (to date I have only been able to test with the original Samsung Galaxy) devices will come through just fine, but anyone chatting through iOS will not have the notification come through to my phone.
I have had friends with WP 8 send me a message and it not go through in the messages hub, I had to go into facebook and I my brother (on iOS) his came through fine.

It's annoying and very inconvenient.

Saul Santiago

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone with this issue tried a hard reset? My brother in law is having this same problem. Even the poster above who said his problem was fixed by WP support on Twitter (Francoenlanoche) is back on twitter saying the problem cropped up for him again. I have no issues on my Lumia 920, so it's definitely not a universal issue, but I'd love to find a solution for my brother in law. I'm wondering if a hard reset would fix it, but I'd like to know if anyone tried it before telling him to do it.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
As a work around, I use IM+ to notify me my FB messages and see who is online. It is great cause it does my gTalk, Skype and Live as well. I got the Pro version so I don't know what the lite version is missing.

Francoenlanoche

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone with this issue tried a hard reset? My brother in law is having this same problem. Even the poster above who said his problem was fixed by WP support on Twitter (Francoenlanoche) is back on twitter saying the problem cropped up for him again. I have no issues on my Lumia 920, so it's definitely not a universal issue, but I'd love to find a solution for my brother in law. I'm wondering if a hard reset would fix it, but I'd like to know if anyone tried it before telling him to do it.
Yep, a hard reset will not work since a lot of people do that and problem re appear next day, they send me a message saying they are working on that, so pacience i guess.

schrammi

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Have my Lumia 925 with the latest build about a week now and ive tested and tried everything! new fb account, complete reset and all other tipps from wp central and dem Microsoft community and it has NEVER been worked. the Chat is always offline - coulndt connect to Chat!

Francoenlanoche

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Just check on winphone support on twitter how the technicians are not giving a single f*ck about the problems, they say that we should contact facebook because the problem is on that side, I really hope Daniel Rubino or any of the good folks here in WPC put the issue on headlines to receive some attention, this is maybe the only reason why im moving OS on holidays, and im sure theres more people annoyed by this problem. Dont judge, maybe some of you dont give a hell about facebook but here where i live everybody communicates the easy way on facebook, so yes, is annoying and frustrating, third party apps sucks and are slow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon