Facebook Messages not in Messaging App

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if this is already answered elsewhere, but I did a search and turned up nothing on the first couple pages of threads. (and apparently the Enter key doesn't work on these forums with IE10). For some reason Messages I am receiving from people from Facebook are not being received in the Messages App. I can send no problem, and have made sure using Facebook Chat is activated, permissions set, and my status is "Online." Sometimes it will receive, but it seems to be rare. I have to go into the actual Facebook App to get the message. The worst part is, there seems to be no notification of any kind that there was even a message sent. I just happen to receive it when I sign in to Facebook. Is anybody else having this issue, or know of a fix?

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
go into your windows live account (the same one you use for your windows phone) and link your facebook account to your windows live account. make sure under the options in facebook in your windows live account that facebook chat has a check mark in it. make sure in chat options (in your phone) that you are set as available. then restart your phone.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi Tebugg, and thank you for your response.

I have done all of this (in fact, Facebook Chat was the ONLY thing checked off on my Outlook.com account), and sent a text message to a friend through FB chat. I waited about 10 minutes and had received nothing in response. I then went in to FB App, and found that his response was in fact sitting there.

I have even gone so far as to try to remove and reconnect FB from both my phone and my Outlook.com account.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

I have done all of this (in fact, Facebook Chat was the ONLY thing checked off on my Outlook.com account), and sent a text message to a friend through FB chat. I waited about 10 minutes and had received nothing in response. I then went in to FB App, and found that his response was in fact sitting there.

I have even gone so far as to try to remove and reconnect FB from both my phone and my Outlook.com account.

+1

mas90guru

Oct 7, 2003
www.s-consult.com
The Facebook Messages seems quirky. It does not sync up everything you send receive. For example if you start sending replies via desktop I find that does not sync fully to the Windows Phone. Don't worry - the full Windows 8 messaging app has the same issue.

I can't decide if it's WAD (works as designed) or if there's a bug. I would expect that the full FB conversation (both sides) would sync fully.

uninvitedguest

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

Agreed, I share the same issue.

Sergey Gymilev

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the same bug and this is WP problem. I just went to messaging hub, who is online. First put offline mobe, than turn on online mode again. Than everything starts working. I see people online and can send and recieve messages. But its a bug.

Nimal Kunnath Aven

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Im sorry but i have a similar question. How do you send a Facebook message from the People hub? Do you have to be online and your freind also online? I was in offline mode and I tried to send a message from People but it was sent as an SMS instead of fb message.
I apologize if this is already answered elsewhere, but I did a search and turned up nothing on the first couple pages of threads. (and apparently the Enter key doesn't work on these forums with IE10). For some reason Messages I am receiving from people from Facebook are not being received in the Messages App. I can send no problem, and have made sure using Facebook Chat is activated, permissions set, and my status is "Online." Sometimes it will receive, but it seems to be rare. I have to go into the actual Facebook App to get the message. The worst part is, there seems to be no notification of any kind that there was even a message sent. I just happen to receive it when I sign in to Facebook. Is anybody else having this issue, or know of a fix?

darkfire2024

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This is literally my biggest disappointment with wp8.. no reliable facebook notifications and messages! Too many times I have not received messages from fb group chats or friends who are offline or invisible and it makes me want to go back to android.

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
This is literally my biggest disappointment with wp8.. no reliable facebook notifications and messages! Too many times I have not received messages from fb group chats or friends who are offline or invisible and it makes me want to go back to android.

Agreed. I can't believe the official microsoft developed Facebook app has no form of notifications whatsoever... mindblowing. Sort it out MS!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I can't believe the official microsoft developed Facebook app has no form of notifications whatsoever... mindblowing. Sort it out MS!

There is only so much MS can do. We need an official Facebook app. The amount of backend changes in FB and Twitter are mindblowing. MS at the end of the day is a third party to Fb and can only keep up with decent changes from time to time.

G4BB0

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone
I have the same issue and atm is my biggest disappointmemt as well, i noticed that whenever you friends are not "online" in FB the message won't get delivered; not online i mean not green dot next to the name in the chat list, you see often they can be offline, invisible, through phones etc... Any of these doesnt work.
I feel this pretty hard to accept considering that the social integration is the biggest feat MS loves to advertise about WP8... Do you know if there is a sort of official channel to report issues on WP8? Like TechNet or... i don't know
Thanks!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone
I have the same issue and atm is my biggest disappointmemt as well, i noticed that whenever you friends are not "online" in FB the message won't get delivered; not online i mean not green dot next to the name in the chat list, you see often they can be offline, invisible, through phones etc... Any of these doesnt work.
I feel this pretty hard to accept considering that the social integration is the biggest feat MS loves to advertise about WP8... Do you know if there is a sort of official channel to report issues on WP8? Like TechNet or... i don't know
Thanks!
Microsoft Support

jdawgnoonan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I am getting embarrassed. I have had several messages from people that I was not aware that I had missed since I had quit visiting Facebook. Now I know that family has been messaging me and they have thought that I was ignoring the messages. I thought that the Messaging Hub was a great idea and was happy to no longer have the Facebook apps on my phone (I had both the Facebook client and the Messaging app on my Galaxy S 3)...now I am stuck going to Facebook again I guess.

The Hub is only useful if it works as advertised. It doesn't and so it is instead a pain in my butt.

I am happy about Windows Phone in every other way but this (to me) is kind of a major issue.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
the whole thing is crap, they either better get their act together and sort out the whole facebook system (messages, app etc...) or i'll be moving to android very shortly with the xperia Z.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeh the messaging hub seems quite confused when it should or shouldn't receive Facebook messages. And yes I agree we should have toast notifications for the Me hub.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
The only way you'll successfully have a conversation through messaging hub is if you're both appearing online. Any one of you appears offline and you won't get the message.

sjhippie

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Not that this will solve everyone's issues but I had some funky problems where the option to even send Facebook msg's disappeared. The "switch" icon had disappeared and I could only text. Using a few of the ideas above I started in my account setting and lo and behold I had a "action required" under my facebook listing. Apparently my session had to be renewed. Kind of a "doh, I should have seen that." Re-entered my password and everything is back to normal.

As a side note... What I find to be weird is occasionally if Facebook is up on my laptop/desktop I'll get the msgs there and not on my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes