Transfer files directly from DSLR to WP8 with Micro USB

Niklasbrock

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to transfer files directly from a DSLR (mini usb) to a Windows phone 8 phone (Micro usb)
Like the connection kit allows it for the ipads (normal USB)

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I would assume no. A USB cable is directional when it comes to host vs peripheral. The USB A (normal USB) is the controller or host, while the USB B (mini-B or micro-B) is typically the peripheral. Apple of course does not use a standard USB cable. There may be a workaround for this, but I have never seen a Micro to Mini cable.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I would assume no. A USB cable is directional when it comes to host vs peripheral. The USB A (normal USB) is the controller or host, while the USB B (mini-B or micro-B) is typically the peripheral. Apple of course does not use a standard USB cable. There may be a workaround for this, but I have never seen a Micro to Mini cable.

It's not the cables that control any of this, it's the actual devices themselves. WP8 doesn't support USB OTG which is what it would need to actually accomplish this task.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I suppose you'd need some sort of intermediate device like a pc or tablet then push them to the cloud or email them to the phone. If the camera has Bluetooth, you could also try that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb