Moving Files from Skydrive to Phone in Bulk

At the beach

May 20, 2012
Visit site
New WP8 user, sorry for what may be a very beginner question. I have all my photos stored on Skydrive, and I want to move them to my phone so I can pin them to the photo hub, use them as the live tile, etc. How do I do this in bulk? I have over 1000(!)

Thanks!

ptonantryloc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I assume you also have all your SkyDrive photos on your main computer. If so, assuming it's a Windows 7 or 8 computer, plug the phone into a USB port on the computer. I've forgotten exactly how this worked, but either it will prompt you to install Microsoft's Windows Phone application or, if you open Devices and Printers, you should see the device there and work with the files there. Anyway, you should be able to sync the photos from the main computer to the phone from there.

Sorry about the hazy reply: this is from memory.

At the beach

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for the reply -- I realized soon after I sent that message that I should have been thinking about directly connecting my phone to the computer rather than trying to bulk download from the cloud (not my brightest moment). I have WP7 on my home computer, btw. Haven't been able to give it a shot yet though, maybe tonight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss