Contacts problem

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
My phone does recognize my contacts anymore. When a call comes in, just the number is displayed. Not the contact. In call history just the number is listed. If I open the contact for editing, even if I don't change anything, the call history list is updated for all calls😞
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

edsiri1978

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. When an incoming call comes in, only the number is shown. However, when I go to my account settings, force a re-sync, then go back to the phone history, the contact's name shows. But... when the next call comes in, only numbers again.

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hotmail account and Facebook contacts only.

Here's how I fixed it. While trying several things like deleting Skype, removing Facebook, and trying to trim down to just my basic live (now hotmail) contacts, I was calling myself from my landline after each change. On one of the calls I let it ring through to voicemail. Low and behold, it told me I had called a number that had not set up voice mail. I upgraded from a wp7 on the same account. I had no idea that my voicemail would be deleted just because I upgraded. Anyway, I set up my voice mail and the call history showed the voicemail call, not just the number. I thought that I couldn't be that easy. I called from the land line and, boom, the display show 'Home' is calling. I have one of the kids call me, and the contact info is displayed. It has worked ever since.

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
It does. I am on at&t. I have no idea why voice mail needed to be set up just because I upgraded my phone. Or why that would affect contact recognition.

Michael Carpenter

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My voice mail had also been disabled, but alas fixing it made no impact on my contact recognition. Anyone else find any other solutions? It baffles me that of all the amazing content aggregation this device does, it's falling apart on recognizing incoming calls.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs