Delete messages off server

Soundtweaker

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way in Windows Phone 8 to delete messages off the server so when I get home, the messages that I deleted don't show up in Outlook.com?

Thanks

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Couple questions:

What syncing technology are you using? Push or pull?

Pull will update every x minutes or manually, depending on your setting. This is normal for POP.
Push is exclusive (pretty much) to IMAP technology. It "pushes" the mail to all devices. For this to really work, though, it will need to be set to "As I receive [mail]." You can still set to pull even with IMAP to save battery.

If you have it set to sync at x minutes, it will sync in that amount of time. If you have it set to manual, you'll need to sync for the deletion to occur. If you have it set to "As I receive [mail]" it should be automatically.

Soundtweaker

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
In outlook.com I'm using the setting, "Do what my other program says—if it says to delete messages, then delete them" for my pop3 accounts.
On my WP8 I have the sync settings set to download every new content 15 minutes. All my messages are still showing up in outlook.com even though I delete them from my phone.
I guess WP8 doesn't allow you to delete messages off the server?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans