Nokia Lumia 920 battery life compared to a Htc 8 x & Iphone 4s

sibrecat

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i have just recently bought a Htc 8x as i fancied a change from Ios, i had a iphone 4s( still have) & find the battery life on the Htc 8x absolutely awful compared to an iphone it wont even last a day with mostly web browsing and some txting, i have turned most settings off, wifi brightness,set email to manual and battery saver on all the time, i really wanted the Nokia lumia but in the Uk were being screwed over till next year as its locked to EE/Orange etc so i thought i would get the Htc for a stop gap but can't believe how bad the battery is, i can leave wifi on have push emails, full brightness etc on the iphone all day & the battery in that is over 12 months old. I really like the Windows mobile operating system but i am reluctant to switch to the Nokia when available if the battery is as bad?

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Nokia's battery life will most likely be better considering they don't use LCD2 for their screen. I think LCD2 is the best looking screen but its VERY power hungry.

My Lumia 822 was fully charged when i first got it at 1pm on Thursday. It's now Saturday, 2am and it's at 22%

Can't complain about that at all!

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia 920 battery lasts me for 1 day and a half under heavy/normal (it's the first days since I have the phone, so u know how it is always playing with it), so I'm really positively please with it.
Two tips to improve it, turn off NFC if you're not using it and also supersensitive screen if it's not cold yet and you won't be using it with gloves.

sibrecat

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Ive only had the phone a few days and after reading things in the Htc 8x forum the battery should get better, Well i hope it does as it doesn't feel good having to turn things off on a connected phone :/

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I sync 2 email accounts, Twitter and Facebook to my phone, and am a fairly heavy user. My 920 lasts almost two days on a single charge, which is the best performance I've seen from a non-BlackBerry phone.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 8X for 3 days now. I charge it overnight every night as I did my iPhone 4 before it (plugged in between 10 and 11 PM, unplugged around 5 AM). I use my phone for texting (fairly heavily, my GF and I go back and forth all day and it's my main form of communication with all my friends), email (I'm in IT and my corporate Exchange account is synced on my phone, our help desk generates a lot of email), Facebook, Twitter, and Google Reader. After the first full day, I plugged it into the charger with like... 15% battery or so. After the second full day, I plugged it in with somewhere in the mid 20%s. Last night, I had about 34% battery when I plugged it in, and yesterday I had finally listened to music via Slacker radio and some synced MP3s. So I can confirm that the battery does get better as its used and that - at least from my perspective - it's equal to the battery performance of the iPhone 4 (again, with the same use as above... on both phones I have location services off and all that stuff.)

I had a 920 for 3 days prior to the 8X and it was never put on the charger with greater than 10% battery. In the 920s defense, the unit I had was plagued with overheating issues (yes, even with everything off), thus the exchange to an 8X. I concede that was probably a problem with the specific unit I had. :)

cthulhucometh

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a HTC Trophy that I have had for awhile and I'll just tell you that's a brand trait with HTC. I should have my Lumia Monday and can update you then but your best bet is to buy an extended battery for it.

sibrecat

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
To be fair been out in Manchester since 5.30 and still git 50% at 23:10 with some moderate use, deffo improving and im starting to like it :)

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Had my HTC 8x for two full days now and the battery has gotten better each day. Love the phone. Way better than the 822.

Just curious as to why you think it is "way better than the 822"? Have you owned an 822 before?

I see pros and con's to the 8X and the 822. Just for me the 822 was more practical. And they both have the same processor, battery size, ram. The only real differences are that they both have a different form-factor (duh), different screens / resolution, and the 822 has a removeable battery and expandable memory card slot.

As far as processing power and such though they are identical.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Let your battery run down to zero, then charge it back up to full. Do that a couple of times, and chances are your battery will perform much better than it has.

If you're having persistent battery issues, chances are you got a bum unit and should look into a warranty replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs