Your GOOD experiences with WP8

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of negativity around the forums recently, rightly or wrongly. I thought we could counter the negativity with some good old fashioned positive experiences with WP8.

Personally I have found this my most complete phone experience yet. The camera is leaps and bounds ahead of anything else I have had. The phone sounds great and is so slick and smooth and pretty much all of the core functionality I need is baked into the OS and just works. This is my first Windows Phone and having had 4 years with Android I honestly can't see myself going back.

So what have your GOOD experiences with WP8 been and what makes it stand out from the crowd and want to stick with it?

mjfadaway

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow nearly a full day and literally no one has anything good to say? Wow.. just wow...

Trust me the good stories will come. Most of us, including myself are still waiting to receive our phone. The rest are probably too busy playing and customizing that they haven't had time to talk...so again the positive stories will come. I played with a white 920 in the store and didn't wanna leave.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well... I had bad experiences with my Lumia 920, but that was the fault of the individual unit I had. I swapped it to an 8X and I've had nothing but good experiences. So... yeah.

mjfadaway

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Well... I had bad experiences with my Lumia 920, but that was the fault of the individual unit I had. I swapped it to an 8X and I've had nothing but good experiences. So... yeah.

How do u like the 8X in comparison? Do u think it's an overall better device than the 920?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How do u like the 8X in comparison? Do u think it's an overall better device than the 920?
h,

Uhm... yeah, I do, but that's totally a preference call. Features/functions/specs the phones are neck-and-neck... it seems like for each feature or spec on which the 8X wins, the 920 wins a different one. Really, assuming both devices are problem free, they're both really awesome phones. I just prefer the size and form-factor of the 8X.

muddtt

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
My experience with the 920 has been really great so far. It does pretty much everything I expected from it. It'll only get better over time as more apps update for wp8. For me battery life is great, LTE speed is great, camera is great (can be better if nokia does a good update as they claim). Overall very happy!!

Forums generally have people posting to help them with their problems. Go on any car forum and it'll seem like every car in the world is suffering from catastrophic issues. People having good experiences just run along happy.

I am jealous of the 8x's weight. It felt so light compared to the 920. It's kind of a weird balance...to light feels cheap...to heavy feels chunky. 8x also has a really neat unique look. Not to say that the 920 isn't cool...just different.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I realize a lot of people come to the internet to complain. I got an iP5 on release day and the iMore forum was FULL of complaints regardless of it being the best selling iPhone launch to date. It's just the way of the internet.

The best way to combat it is help people out with their problems. Heck, even suggest that what they want might not be in WP so maybe they should move on. It shouldnt matter to us whether somebody else likes their phone, as long as you like your phone and have fun discussing it is all that matters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077