Simple Contact List

Almightybigd001

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased my Lumia 920 yesterday. I love it!! I have had to charge it like 3 times already because I have been playing with it non-stop(and I mean the phone). Anyway, I was wondering if there is any way to make a simple contact list so when I bring up the phone to call someone, I can just select their name from a list or something. For example, I had the first Sprint Palm Pre before I switched to ATT just to get my Lumia. With my Pre, when I selected the phone to call someone, I could press the button for contacts, and it would simply bring up a list of my contacts that I entered one at a time in to my phone. With my Lumia, it seems like when I do this, it brings up my whole facebook friends list to go through, and there are only like 3 people out of all my friends on facebook that I care to call from my cellphone, so I hate having to go through that long list to choose who to call. Hope I'm making sense here, any ideas?

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Adding to jjmurphy's advice to further explanation.

If you filter you contacts and leave out, say, Twitter and Facebook, you can still search through all your accounts when using the search button. Having the filtered list to only show your Microsoft (phone) contacts is the easiest way to have a simpler list.

You will still be able to link them and see all the social details of your phone contacts as long as you have them on the social networks.

You can also press the call tile and choose the icon at the bottom to open the contact list. There's no need to open the contact tile.

Last edited:

grapemanca

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree with Almighty. I love my new Nokia 920 (from Rogers) but the phone app is really clunky. I think we need a simple phone list that's hived off from the People data so that phoning can be done with as few steps as possible. I think this is a major weakness of WP8 at this point.

By the way, I don't want to filter my People data, as I like all the information this tile gives me. In other words, pruning for a phone list should not disrupt the People app.

I also don't like touching my phone tile and starting with History. History??? Who cares??? Why do I THEN need to click a tiny button at the bottom (unintuitively, the 2nd from the left in a row of 4) to make a call. Sorry, but either I'm missing something or MS has really botched it. What I should immediately see when I hit the Phone tile is the phone list, my dial numbers, or both (and it should be my choice).

Ultimately, this must be a phone first. Any phone that demands I click on 2 or more buttons to start a call is not making calling a priority.

brisdan

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I just got a windows phone, starting to regret it. Jesus christ.. 500 bucks and no phone contact list

Why is there only a "hotmail" list ? I thought hotmail didn't even exist anymore farken

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720