No more Messenger/Skype integration?

Brett Jackson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have been enjoying WP8 so far, but the one thing that has been really bugging me is the lack of the integration with a messenging client anymore. I used to use windows live messenger and was always 'switching' over from texting to messenger and back again. But now this has been taken out in favor of Skype, however you must open up the Skype app to use the chat inside it. Is this going to stay this way? This seems like a step backwards for messenging integration, or am I missing something?

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Messenger is still there and works like it always has. What do you mean it has been taken out? I'm looking at one of my contacts right now, pressed the "Switch To" button and can choose text, Messenger, and Facebook

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Keep suggesting Skype chat integration into the messaging hub to the Skype team (@Skype @dereksnyder), they've already recognized it as a good suggestion, if we get enough of us requesting it, there will be no need to open the client for simple chat (since it's supposed to be replacing Messenger)

Brett Jackson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey PG2G.. maybe I am missing something..hah..If it is still in there that would be great for now. Is there something I need to do because I still don't see the 'switching' option like I used to. I have added my microsoft account that I use for windows messenger on my WP8 and I have started texting some contacts that also have Windows Live accounts.

**UPDATE**

Nevermind, I figured it out! Apparently it defaulted me to being Offline so none of the messenger features were showing up. Just had to toggle that back Online on my phone and it all came back! Thanks for letting me know that it was still there!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss