Favorite apps for WP8

stealthology

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Please post your favorite apps here, and if you can, include why you like them. I'm new to WP (5-year iPhone user) and I want to make sure I don't miss anything worthwhile.

Here's my list:
  • AccuWeather: Shows the current weather in a small tile; great for conserving space.
  • MSN Money Stocks: one of the best apps for showing price quotes for stocks in live tiles. I have the DJIA and my single largest stock holding as live tiles, and they update ~ every 10 minutes. Icons looks clean, too.
  • CNN: This is great to use at the large tile size; it shows the top story with a full-size image. Would have been awesome if it rotated between the top 2 stories, but still, this thing is a beauty.
  • BBC: allows you to pin a news category (ie. World News, US News, etc) to start and rotates between the top 2 stories in that category. Also has pictures for the live tile.
  • Techmeme Reader: Not the prettiest for a live tile, but it shows the latest TechMeMe headline. TMM is my favorite tech news aggregator. Definitely check it out.
  • Netflix
  • iHeartRadio

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
  • 4th & Mayor - great 4sq app
  • Starbucks Finder - can locate and pay for starbucks
  • Battery Level - shows battery % remaining
  • Keep Alive - keeps wifi alive when phone is at rest
  • Stop the Music - clears the damn music player after you stop playing

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012