Displaying phone pictures onto TV

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

With my Android I could take a picture on my device and display it on the TV wirelessly using either my googleTV, or Windows media centre, or even Apple TV. Is there anyway to do this with windows phone. I could even stream Utube or videos I recorded with my phone.

thanks

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I second it. My buddy really wants a Windows Phone, but he also lives in the country and only has Verizon available for Internet. He's going to buy a phone at full price to keep unlimted data and with a Droid and its HDMI out, he can watch Netflix on his TV. That's not possible on WP8, is it?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I second it. My buddy really wants a Windows Phone, but he also lives in the country and only has Verizon available for Internet. He's going to buy a phone at full price to keep unlimted data and with a Droid and its HDMI out, he can watch Netflix on his TV. That's not possible on WP8, is it?

I can do it wireless with my Nokia N8 and my wife's Nokia 808 using DLNA.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
What 1Jax described can be done with any WP / Xbox setup. When you take pictures they can automatically be sent to SkyDrive. Use XBox to pull those pictures down to your TV.

As for a TV out option on the phone itself I really am not sure. To do that wirelessly there must be an app written into the TV ROM to alow it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven