HTC 8X Major Problem

Roslan Hristov

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the new HTC 8X the people hub is synch with my facebook account - friends.
So i added next to my friends profile their phone numbers. Also i have people who are not using facebook and added them as well but not trough facebook.

So... here is the problem. When someone calls me i don't see his name only the phone number.
When i call people i also don't see the name of the person.
And even the notification for missed call doesn't work i have to go into my history list in order to see that someone called me.
The same is for SMS text messages....
Someone please help me....

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
So to get your issues straight:
  1. When you call someone, the name isn't displayed while the call is active?
  2. When you miss a call the Live Tile isn't updated to show a number?
  3. When you receive an SMS the Live Tile doesn't update to show a number with a new emoji?
Have you made sure that you've linked the contacts pulled from Facebook with those (I'm assuming) you're creating on your Microsoft Account?

Roslan Hristov

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
1. Yes, when i call someone the name isn't displayed only the numbers.
2. Yes, when i miss a call the live Tile isn't indicating for example if i have 1 missed call (1) i have to go in to the live tile it self to see that i have a missed call
3. The same for the SMS

I don't understand even when i'm saving a normal phone number for a person it saves with hotmail account even if the person doesn't have one.

Please explain to me the linking of people from Facebook?

Thank you.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
When browsing the People Hub do you have two contacts of the same name? The one person you're attempting to call (where the name doesn't show) is there a duplicate entry on the list of this contact? If so, click through to either one and hit the link icon in the app bar - you'll then be able to link both contact cards together.

As for the Live Tiles not updating, try have someone call you while the lock screen isn't displayed (so you're still on the start screen) and leave it. After the call has been missed, see if the tile then updates. Same for SMS. Ignore the toast notification and see if the tile updates. If you just purchased the 8X today, give it a reboot and see if it updates.

If you need to link your Facebook and Microsoft accounts, log into your Microsoft Account on the web and choose "Manage Your Accounts", you can then add your Facebook.

Roslan Hristov

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok i think i fix the problem by resetting the phone.......
Now in my people hub the people are only synchronized trough Hotmail and there is no Facebook .....
And now everything is normal..

Roslan Hristov

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok i think i fix the problem by resetting the phone.......
Now in my people hub the people are only synchronized trough Hotmail and there is no Facebook .....
And now everything is normal..

Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3