Sharepoint lists

Matthew Sharlot

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi, just a quick question to anybody that has WP8 and uses sharepoint. On my WP7 possibly the most annoying thing is not being able to add or edit list items. There isn't even any 3rd party apps (unless you go Android or IOS in which case there are loads) What I need to know is whether this is now possible with WP8. If not I'm going to be forced to another platform, which being a big fan of Microsoft would be a huge shame in my view.

JungleFiene

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Matthew,

Where I work we have two SP10 publishing sites. When I connect it seems that you cannot add list items from the Office App. I'm going to keep digging around because this will be a needed feature for me. It might be because they did not want to override the Mobile View layout for web applications, but even so a stream-lined nav through the Office App would be awesome. Pretty pointless as when you create a new document in the Office app it doesn't allow you to save it back to the SharePoint library. It isn't even a permissions issue as I'm a Farm Admin over here.

Banner18

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
There is a sharepoint app in the store. I just changed jobs and don't have all the details (or my sight up and running) yet to test it.

I noticed it looks like there is an official app and then there are a couple 3rd party apps. I have SP running at my house...I need to try it out there...

JungleFiene

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the SharePoint app in the store is to simply follow other users within the organization and tag their content and follow tagged documents. According to the reviews it seems to be unstable at the moment.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wait, you can view lists in the Office app? Not just document libraries? I'm going to have to look into that.

tryingET

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So any new updates on this topic?
I still am trying to add / edit any sharepointlists on wp8 but didn't get the hang of it...

Mobile Phone: Lumia 920

Matthew Sharlot

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Can't find anything still. 2 months till my phone upgrade and I think I'm going to have to change OS. I run a small business (just me basically) and use Sharepoint lists for just about everything to do with tasks, customers etc. I can't believe it is only a handful of people that would want to add/edit list items and that Microsoft have overlooked this? I've already used some great apps on my android tablet, and can see me having to go down that route. WP7 office apps were rubbish at best with no decent rendering etc. and they seem to have finally addressed that in WP8, but seriously - IT'S THEIR PRODUCTS - how can third party app developers do a better job on other platforms? I'll keep searching and update this thread if I find anything.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Can't find anything still. 2 months till my phone upgrade and I think I'm going to have to change OS. I run a small business (just me basically) and use Sharepoint lists for just about everything to do with tasks, customers etc. I can't believe it is only a handful of people that would want to add/edit list items and that Microsoft have overlooked this? I've already used some great apps on my android tablet, and can see me having to go down that route. WP7 office apps were rubbish at best with no decent rendering etc. and they seem to have finally addressed that in WP8, but seriously - IT'S THEIR PRODUCTS - how can third party app developers do a better job on other platforms? I'll keep searching and update this thread if I find anything.

I know. It's a head scratcher. We use a sharepoint calendar and I hate the fact it wont get pushed to me, as we've gone away from individual outlook calendars.

For a king of business software, MS sure has messed up this aspect in WP.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe it is only a handful of people that would want to add/edit list items and that Microsoft have overlooked this?

I wouldn't assume that MS overlooked anything. This appears to be a willful design decision. The Office Hub isn't a mobile SharePoint application, it's for mobile Office use: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. It seems like the SharePoint connectivity in the Office Hub is there primarily for Document LIbraries, but since Document Libraries are just a specific type of List you get the side effect of being able to connect to regular Lists as well.

When you're looking at a regular List in the Office Hub, you can hit the ellipsis and tap the option to open the List in the browser; I just tested this and it worked great. I had full functionality in the browser. So that's an option for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo