I dont like any of the new phones

Light Speed1

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe Im being too picky, but the original focus I have is very nice. it is lighter than the iphone 4, and almost as thin with a 4 inch super nice screen. Its a very well designed phone, and is invisible in your pocket because its so light, but the screen is amazingly bright etc.... Its a balance between thin/light and nice screen.

None of the new phones are as good as the original focus. the new samsung is just way too big at 4.8 inches. The new nokias are way too heavy for me, they are heavier than the iphone 4 which was already too heavy to begin with. The new HTCs come close but theyre no cigar, those screens arent even close to samsung Super amoled screen tech or nokias screens....

Im willing to compromise (if 4.3 inch screens were on the new samsung, id take it) but this is just too many compromises. Ill be waiting for the next batch of windows phone 8 devices, because so far i am underwhelmed with the hardware by the OEMs.

what im looking for:

- 4.0 inch screen ideally (will compromise up to 4.3 inch)
-samsung super amoled preferred, will compromise to nokia screen
-thin and needs to be about as light as the original focus

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
If sounds like your big priorities are weight and size. To each his own, but that's certainly not even in mu top ten. As long as they fit a range within reason, I SM pretty happy.

Light Speed1

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
If sounds like your big priorities are weight and size. To each his own, but that's certainly not even in mu top ten. As long as they fit a range within reason, I SM pretty happy.
good point youre right. I've just been spoiled with the focus. I remember letting people hold my focus and they literally cant believe how light it is.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
good point youre right. I've just been spoiled with the focus. I remember letting people hold my focus and they literally cant believe how light it is.

if you want my advice, play with the phones. The Lumia is the heaviest of the bunch. I found the 8x to be quite light. The Ativ will supposedly be lighter, although its pretty hideous IMO

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

I agree, this is a hole that needs to be filled. A 4.0" phone is a must, I wish Nokia will release a phone in the Lumia 800 form factor.

Mike_J

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 800 is the best phone I have ever held and used - perfect size for a phone BUT these days we all want more so now use a Lumia 900 as the bigger screen is way better for typing and web browsing.
You cannot have everything Lumia 920 too heavy or perfect as it has a decent size battery?
After reading some posts on this forum it seems some people are waiting for a phone with a battery that lasts two days but has zero weight and a screen that is huge but feels small when held - they may be waiting a while - me I am just waiting for the Australian release of the Lumia 920.

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I actually don't mind the weight of the 920. Whilst using it, I forget about the weight and it feels perfect in the hand! My old handset was Galaxy Nexus..

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
What about the HTC 8S? That seems the closest to the size you want not that I'm clear on its availability. I'm guessing it might lack some other things you want, but you're not going to get everything in a phone and what you're looking for may very well not be coming. The prevalence of 4 inch highly spec'd phones are not likely to return in the near future.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I think the 8s is right up your alley minus the lack of AMOLED screen. I never saw the huge selling point in super AMOLED. but you are right, a manufacturer really needs to try an cover all sizes without sacrificing features.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i always laugh when i see someone say the weight of the lumia 920 is too much for them. you're essentially saying the weight of a 16 oz bottle of water is too much for you. because a 16 oz bottle of water weighs more than the 920. not a good look.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that this is the hole that the Samsung Discovery will fill. I'm betting it's the 4" S3 that they are making for Android but with WP8 of course.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I understand completely. I would love to see a smaller, lighter version of the Lumia 920 with all of the same features including the resolution.

The 8X does not do it for me.

I love my 920 though.

Dramer77

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
why not look at the lumia 820? i love my 920 so far, yea its alittle heavy compared to the iphone 5 i just returned but its not that bad

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe Im being too picky, but the original focus I have is very nice. it is lighter than the iphone 4, and almost as thin with a 4 inch super nice screen. Its a very well designed phone, and is invisible in your pocket because its so light, but the screen is amazingly bright etc.... Its a balance between thin/light and nice screen.

None of the new phones are as good as the original focus. the new samsung is just way too big at 4.8 inches. The new nokias are way too heavy for me, they are heavier than the iphone 4 which was already too heavy to begin with. The new HTCs come close but theyre no cigar, those screens arent even close to samsung Super amoled screen tech or nokias screens....

Im willing to compromise (if 4.3 inch screens were on the new samsung, id take it) but this is just too many compromises. Ill be waiting for the next batch of windows phone 8 devices, because so far i am underwhelmed with the hardware by the OEMs.

what im looking for:

Have you actually held the 920? I went from the focus to the 900 The 900 is heavier but for me not too heavy. The 920 is not that big a deal either. If you dont like any of the WP8 devices wait until the next generation of WP8 You may like them better. Have you actually held the ativ S? If not how do yoyu know its too big the difference is length and width b etween the focus 1.3 and the nokia 900 at 4.3 is minimal. The difference between 4.3 and 4.5 is very minimal and the same between 4.5 and 4.8. as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon