Whatsapp has been removed from the store

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
How frustrating. All these apps "disappearing" from the store are making it difficult to recommend anything to a user. Telling them "download the app from the store" only to have it disappear makes you look dumb... and if a user starts depending on an app that disappears, that can cause significant problems down the road.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...really?

I just searched the MarketPlace - right now - and it's there.

WP_20121122.png

Maybe they fixed whatever took it down in the first place, and now it's been re-added?

kess34

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
looking in the store now and it is not there :-( changed my location to USA and restarted my phone... what else could i do to find it in the store?

r26k

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
guys, lets spread the word! simple tweet: Where is @WhatsApp for WindowsPhone 8? Everyone desperately needs it! @joebelfiore @BenThePCGuy @thurrott @windowsphone @WinPhoneSupport

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it'll be back soon, they probably removed it because the non-WP8 optimized version was causing issues on WP8. And I heard a rumor that Nokia was working with WhatsApp for a WP8 version, too.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've tried most other IM apps out there, all are crap and Viber is still beta even on Lumia 920! Never get any notification etc. So all in all IM experience is worse on WP8 than WP7!

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I've tried most other IM apps out there, all are crap and Viber is still beta even on Lumia 920! Never get any notification etc. So all in all IM experience is worse on WP8 than WP7!
Have you tried Hookt or kik?

They are optimizing it to make it 6 times faster. Should be back soon.

Windows Phone 8 version of WhatsApp to be 6 times faster | WMPoweruser
For some reason I doubt that whatsapp would much resources into windows phone development. After all most of their customers would be on iOS and android.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried Hookt or kik?

For some reason I doubt that whatsapp would much resources into windows phone development. After all most of their customers would be on iOS and android.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Hookt isnt available for WP8.
Kikh has notification issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium