How horrible is the Facebook app?

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The only problem is that it works fine when the other person osbon their computer using fb chat, but if they're on iPhone fb chat ot doesn't work for some reason. It shows up on their website messages, bit doesn't do through to the iPhone chat app
That is false. My wife and I have used WP FB chat and iOS FB Messenger without issue many times before i got a WP8 phone.

ealexand#CB

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That is false. My wife and I have used WP FB chat and iOS FB Messenger without issue many times before i got a WP8 phone.

Must be something on my end. My girlfriend and i can never get it to work.

I think problem comes from people that choose to appear offline all the time. WP sends them messages instead of chat. That's my best guess

ealexand#CB

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is a big concern me for me as well as I use Facebook A LOT

I just want to make sure - if I don't want Facebook IM integrated with SMS I don't have to, right? I really don't want something where I try and text someone and it tries to send it as a facebook message, since you don't necessarily know if someone's online, or even if they are online, if they're at their computer.

Its extremely easy to switch between methods

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
just wanted to point out "facebook by cambo". dont know if it has been discussed on here but i think it's the best facebook app on windows phone. and judging by the reviews it has gotten i am not alone in this thinking. just wanted to point that app out in case anyone was stuck not liking the MS made facebook app.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
All the other Facebook apps are just wrappers around touch.facebook.com. It is sad that some of them are actually attempting to charge

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the facebook app for WP7 is bad and for WP8 it's even worse. I don't want FB on WP to look like the android or ios version, but I would like it to have the same functionality.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I like the WP app much more than the Android app. It was so bad that I used the mobile web version instead.

SteveISU

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
FB chat is integrated with messaging app. As long as your contact has FB info from FB then you just message them. And if they go offline it will switch to mobile and staybin same thread.

+1 But make sure you go into the message app, hit the person icon and make yourself available. It defaults to offline.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty terrible.. My biggest complaint is how 25% of the top of the screen becomes unnecessarily unless.. It's my biggest complaint however with WP as a hole is that UI takes precedence over function in a lot of cases..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs