Mail crashing WP8?

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Tonight, something very odd is happening to my phone. It says I have 4 new messages, but when I go into mail, it just dumps me back to the home screen. Some time ago there was a WP7 bug that a spacific content in an E-mail would cause the E-mail to crash on load and dump to the main screen, and its acting like that! Both E-mail accounts I have on the phone are doing this. Its still doing this after a reboot. Anyone have the same problem or heard of this yet?

**EDIT**
I went into E-mail accounts under settings and EVERYTHING is stuck on "syncing"

LiveToSeeTheFuture

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I had this, too. Looked around the web and found people blaming it on Skype, but uninstalling it didn't fix my problem. I had to go to airplane mode, remove my Exchange account, then reboot. When the phone came back I was finally able to add the email account again and reinstall Skype. That was 2 hours ago and everything seems to be working now. We'll see.

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I wish I read this a little earlier. I did the factory reset on the phone. Good news is, the WP8 backup worked very well!!! I still need to re-arrange my icons and stuff, but its a small price to pay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss