Install on phone vs. memory card

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
So I'm new to the world of WP and also memory cards. Does it matter what i install onto the actual phone vs. installing onto the memory card? any recommendations as to what works well on where? For example, is it better to download my pictures onto the card and leave the apps on the phone or will it slow down the phone? can i save my pictures as they're taken to the card or will it slow down the camera function? I guess what I'm really trying to get at is does the location(phone vs. memory card) of saved date (apps, music, pictures, etc) affect the performance and if so, are there any tips or recommendations? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance:)

spacejovi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
On one hand, I guess reading from (or writing to) a memory card requires more battery power, and it's slower too. On the other hand, you might not notice the difference at all. I would save all my media and documents on the memory card, which gives more room to manipulate, while installing all the apps onto internal space.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
You can't install apps on a card so problem partially solved. I have heard of issues when recording hd video to a card. I'd imagine its fine for everything else though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs