How do I jump to the to of the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only Mama Knows

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm moving over from an iPhone so forgive me for this question. How do I jump back to the top on windows phone 8? On the iPhone I would tap the top of the screen and everything would auto scroll back to the top. Is there a way to do this on WP8? Thanks for any help!

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
this depends on what you are looking at, if u are in the app list the fastest way is tapping the alphabet square (assuming u have enough apps that it appears) and click A,

if you are looking at the home screen you can press back to get to the top, except that if you have apps open then it would go there instead....

other than those i don't think there are any other ways to do it, others may chime in otherwise

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
If you're looking at the tiles on your start screen, pressing the start button will take you to the top. In any list with the jump list functionality (the letter blocks) you can just go straight to A.

In some apps, swiping across left/right to the next screen then back again will reset the list to the top... I think that's all I can come up with for now though :(

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Please, don't awnser if you don't actually know what the awnser is. If you say features that are in WP arent in WP, WP loses marketshare and dies :unhappysweat:...

Arguably, his answer is in fact the correct one in the context of the OP. There is no "home" function in Windows Phone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Arguably, his answer is in fact the correct one in the context of the OP. There is no "home" function in Windows Phone.

Yes, if the question was in the context of a long web page or a long listbox with no jump list, then yes, the answer was correct.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
As some have indicated, it all depends on where you are looking, you haven't said what app or part of the system you were in.

- If you are on the Start Screen, you can always return to the top of the screen by tapping Start.
- If you are in the apps list, it very much depends on how many apps you have installed. If there are more than about 50 apps, WP automatically adds an alpha shortcut list. You simply tap a letter and then select 'A' or in some cases '#' and you can quickly jump back to the top. In practise, it's just as quick to tap Start and then swipe to the Right again.
- If you're viewing a website, then there's no native way that I know that will allow you to scroll back to the top.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
this depends on what you are looking at, if u are in the app list the fastest way is tapping the alphabet square (assuming u have enough apps that it appears) and click A,

if you are looking at the home screen you can press back to get to the top, except that if you have apps open then it would go there instead....

other than those i don't think there are any other ways to do it, others may chime in otherwise

we can press home button while in home screen so it will take us to top of the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion