What are the "Nokia exclusive" apps people talk about?

ticktock5

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there a list somewhere? And is it just like, there's a WP8 Maps app but Nokia puts their own Maps app on the Lumias? If that's the case it doesn't sound like a big deal. But I heard that for example Draw Something is Nokia exclusive - is it common for a random company to work with Nokia rather than the WP marketplace?

abhibh

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Mirrors Edge is free for lumia now days. Nokia Drive, Nokia transport, Nokia maps and much more. Nokia will keep on bringing new exclusive as they have giving 100% to windows OS.

Also the maps on all WP8 phones are powered by NOKIA, but Nokia maps on Lumia devices are much more advance and simply better.

ticktock5

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The thing is I don't even know what mirrors, drive, transport are? I'm assuming they're things I don't need since I have an iPhone and don't use any other apps other than the native Maps. If there were a comprehensive list somewhere on what I'd be missing out on I feel like I could make a more informed decision :/

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
These are the ones that I believe that are only on Nokia phones (correct me if I''m wrong):

Nokia Smart Shoot
Nokia Trailers
Nokia Music
Creative Studio
Cinemagraph
Nokia Maps
Nokia Drive+ Beta
Nokia City Lens
Panorama

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Nokia music is awesome. It's free. Streaming radio stations by genre that you can also sync when on WiFi to avoid data fees.
There are games that are Nokia exclusive, at least initially, or free on Nokia while pay on others.
There's the six flags app that is Nokia exclusive. It has all the six flags maps and allows GPS tracking of other members of your group.
My wife has a Lumia 900 and loves the look of the 8X California blue, but won't switch to the HTC because she'll lose Nokia music and Nokia drive.

ticktock5

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Cool thanks for your replies guys... gonna look into those.

My issue is I'm not a huge fan of the current lumias (920 too big, 820 poor screen)... the 8x looks great but everyone keeps saying I need to think about these Nokia apps.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site

My issue is I'm not a huge fan of the current lumias (920 too big, 820 poor screen)... the 8x looks great but everyone keeps saying I need to think about these Nokia apps.
My personal favs are:
"City Lens". Is really AWESOME. Everyone I show it to asks how they can get it. BUT, I have found that it does show things that I know are no longer there, so be forewarned. I guess I should create/link to a Nokia account and find out how to help update the info.
"Drive+ Beta". Excellent turn by turn GPS.
"Cinemagraph". Just a fun app to make animated pictures, like the ones that show up on Bing homepage every now and then.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I don't know what carrier you're on but I'm assuming ATT since you compared those two phones... I've got the 822, which is mostly like the 820, and on paper, the screen doesn't do much to impress. But when I went to the Verizon store and looked at the 822 next to the 8x, the 822 with the lower resolution screen did a lot more for me than the 8x with its 720 screen. I don't know if you've taken a look at it in person or not, but if you haven't, please do yourself a favor and compare them in person, not just on paper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa