How do use XBox Music pass on my phone?

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Ive never used Zune and I run OSX. When I go to the website to manage devices theres nothing on the list and no way to add any devices... !?!? help!

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
1) you cannot download music on mac, and you cannot stream them either.
2) sign into your Microsoft account on your phone and you should by default good to go - given your music pass is on that account.
3) go to store, browse and search music, you can download and stream. Enjoy.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
These XBox Music Pass threads need to be consolidated.

Anyway, here are the instructions:

1) Take everything you ever learned about music downloads, streaming, iTunes, etc. and drag-n-drop it to the Recycle Bin in your brain. Right click the bin and select "empty." Select "Yes" when it asks you whether you want to delete all prior ways of thinking about music downloads.

2) Welcome to XBox Music (formerly Zune). Your music pass entitles you to unlimited streaming and unlimited DRMed downloads of songs.

To use XBox music to find music:

1) Click on the Store icon.

2) Click on "Music."

3) Click the search icon (the little magnifying glass).

4) Search for your artist and track.

5) Click the little "play" button next to each track.

6) Yes, there are options to purchase albums. By purchasing an album, you get to keep it and download as many copies as you want, forever and ever, regardless of whether you have an XBox pass. If you're not planning on stopping XBox pass anytime soon, you don't need to worry about this. Ignore it, don't purchase. You will still see these prices whether or not you have a pass.

7) You have the option to stream or download. To stream, just tap the play icon next to the track or album you want. To download, tap and hold until you get the menu. Select "download," and it will be downloaded to your device.

8) To create a playlist from an album, just play any track from that album, tap "..." in the bottom of the screen, and select "create playlist." Then you can name the album and it shows up on your playlist, ready to stream.

9) Remember, if your XBox Music pass expires, you can no longer stream or download. You'll have to purchase albums or music tracks, or re-up your pass.

That's it! Enjoy!

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
When I originally joined the unlimited service my phone decided I didn't have it. The next day it finally decided I had this service. Maybe it turned on after I turned on my Xbox. But the store didn't show me having the service until the next day. That was my issue.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
brmiller1976, I did as you described. When I get to number 5 on your list, I can play the song, but it is only part of the song. It doesn't play the whole song, it only plays for about 30 seconds, then goes to the next song. The top of my screen says songs review so maybe I am not in the correct place.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
brmiller1976, I did as you described. When I get to number 5 on your list, I can play the song, but it is only part of the song. It doesn't play the whole song, it only plays for about 30 seconds, then goes to the next song. The top of my screen says songs review so maybe I am not in the correct place.

Can you give us a specific album you're trying to play? Maybe it isn't Xbox Music Pass friendly. Or if you go to "Top Artists" -> "Top Songs" I can confirm that pretty much everything I have looked at there can be streamed.

Rioghalmo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I made some playlists on my phone after reading this and it worked great. The playlists I made aren't showing up on my pc though. Is there a way to sync playlists I make on my phone to my pc. It seems xbox music should do this automatically.

dbeattie99999

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I've tried rebooting my htc 8x twice now but still can't correct the exact same problem I've bought my pass but no matter what song I try to listen to it just gives me 30 seconds , over the picture of the album cover is a green box saying Xbox music pass , download or stream music , or if I click on buy it comes up saying did you know you can stream unlimited music to your phone I click option saying show me but it just takes me back to the song choice menu

gandhirushi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
At&t just replaced my Lumia 920. All of a sudden my new phone cannot connect to my Xbox music pass subscription that I was using on my old phone. I even had several songs downloaded on my old Lumia 920. But I cannot see any here on my new device. Talked to a Microsoft rep and he said Microsoft is aware of a recent problem with Microsoft account on windows phones.

dbeattie99999

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't get my device to download any songs the most I get are the 30 second clips tat a lot of other users seem to get but even after rebooting I can't get any further , you got any ideas what else I can try ?

dbeattie99999

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Does it cost to actually download songs to my phone while I have music pass as when I click to download at the bottom of the screen it says download or cancel , but at the top with the song name it says purchase available clicking on that then offers buy or cancel and song cost 99p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3