Gmail ExchangeActiveSync Problem

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Posted a thread earlier but it doesn't show up anymore when I search or check my history...

Anyways I'm still having this bloody problem trying to get my gmail to use exchange activesync. I set it up based on all the instructions I've seen in several placed and it still gives me this error.

http://i.imgur.com/74kqg.png

I cannot figure out what the problem is. It is a personal gmail account and it is not a google apps account. I've tried finding any postings relevant to that error code with no success. Also tried searching for some setting to turn on exchange activesync for gmail on the web side. No luck. Any ideas?

DeathBreath

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think this is your solution:

When you transition your Google Apps account to their new system, you need to enable Sync in TWO locations! The first option is under "Mobile" on the Settings page, and the second is in the Services tab under "Organization". If either of these is off, Sync will NOT work!

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Okay. I will try this, but it was my understanding that a google apps account is similar to a business account. Like a .edu account (microsoft provides these services for a university I attended). This is just my personal gmail which I use for formal stuff like resumes and whatnot.

EDIT* Still can't do anything. I'm on m.google.com/sync and nothing useful is there. I'm logged in on gmail.com, navigating to m.google.com/sync brings me to the index page with only 3 links. Each only takes me to the google.com help pages.

I stress that this is just a REGULAR gmail account. It is not a google apps account. This error doesn't make sense.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I replied in your other post. Here's what worked for me:

-Add e-mail account ->Advanced setup
-enter my e-mail address & password
-Select Exchange ActiveSync
-enter my full e-mail address as the username
-set aspmx.l.google.com as the domain
-set m.google.com as the server

Just set it up this morning and it is syncing without issue. :)

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Weird. Now I can see my other thread. I was checking on the wpcentral app and the web and it didn't show up in my posts, my threads and it didn't show up when I searched. Must have been a bug on the server side.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well damn.

If it helps, the only "Tweaks" I have done to my account are that I have POP disabled and IMAP enabled (I use Outlook with it at home) and "Browser connection" set to always use HTTPS.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Remember, Google doesn't license ActiveSync and its "compatibility" is poor at best. You will always have compatibility issues and bugs with Google Apps and proper Exchange clients.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
They don't fully license it... that's what the Microsoft lawsuit against Google and Motorola is all about.
Link? My understanding was that the lawsuit was levied against Motorola, who was purchased by Google around the same time (so they get to defend their new toy in the lawsuit). Google (proper) had been a licensee for quite a while before the lawsuit was started.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Again, do you have a link? I can't find anything about Google being added for separate violations. I'm not trolling, I'm just curious since MS doesn't list that licensees can license "Parts" of EAS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12