What apps use the lock screen functionality?

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I know I can check this in my settings but maybe there are apps that use the lock screen that I haven't installed on my phone. I'm currently using Bing although it doesn't seem to update everyday like it should.

JohnDoes

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Bing updates every day. The problem is, it is 1 day behind of the actual bing image. So, if you manually put bing on your startscreen it will show the image from today, but will not update tomorrow. But, in 2 days it will update normally (keeping in mind, it is still 1 day behind the of the actual bing image!).
To your question: facebook works and i think CNN works also.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried facebook on the lock screen and it wouldn't update. Right now I have my email on the lock screen this way I can see if anything important comes in.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Baconit will support it in the new 2.5 version. You can also change wallpapers from any sub reddit!
Sent from my {Lumia 800} using Board Express

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried some news apps like CNN but they only give you a picture with no headline so that's a bit useless. I think ESPN will be the first really useful one once it's updated.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully that update is soon, as the live wallpaper was pretty prominent in previews, and the live tile is non-functional.

The ESPN app from Nokia Collection is pretty good. It isn't limited to JUST one team like the regular Sportscenter app is. I got updates yesterday from the Cowboys-Redsksins game and the Napoli soccer team.

The only downside (with all those apps) is that it is limited to updating every 30 minutes or so. For example, the ESPN Nokia App is still reminding me that the Cowboys lost 38-31 yesterday...

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The ESPN app from Nokia Collection is pretty good. It isn't limited to JUST one team like the regular Sportscenter app is. I got updates yesterday from the Cowboys-Redsksins game and the Napoli soccer team.

The only downside (with all those apps) is that it is limited to updating every 30 minutes or so. For example, the ESPN Nokia App is still reminding me that the Cowboys lost 38-31 yesterday...

I had pretty much dismissed that one, because it only gives a "top scores" scoreboard, most of which I don't care about. I'll give that live tile a try, with some ncaa fb teams to test.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss