When will istagram come ou

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
When it's done

I tweeted Joe Belfiore about it, and he replied that we need to get on the devs to let them know we want it. If we want our favorite apps on our (new) favorite phone, we need to look beyond the forums.

In the meantime, check out lomogram. It's a holdover from wp7, but it has the same types of filters and effects that instagram does, but with more flexibility. It's more usable than many of the android clones I used to use. pretty much snap, crop, pick a filter, pick a frame and share, including to fb, twitter, tumblr, and flickr. If you're looking for the social side of instagram, that will have to wait, but the picture taking side is already here.

Last edited:

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Don't believe the "soon" or "before the new year" comments, no one at Miscrosoft ever mentioned Instagram. There are apps with the same functionality indeed but Instagram is more about the social aspect than the actual filters so you can't really replace it. We have to hope facebook and Microsoft come to an agreement about it.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
The best thing to do is complain to Instagram directly with as many people as possible, hopefully they will see that the third ecosystem needs a app as well.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

ticktock5

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
People saying "oh you don't need instagram, there's some random app that no one uses but has filters too!" are missing the point. Instagram is a social network. It's like having a phone without Facebook but then saying it's fine because there's Google plus...... Personally I don't use it that much (and I have an iPad in case I do need it) but a lot of people do. Not having fundamental apps like this is really going to hurt WP....

yellowjacketphoto

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
soon i hope. I hate having to email photos to my iPhone from my lumia 920 just to post on instagram!

wasnt instagram saying they loved windows phone 8 because of the minimum requirements that android doesnt have or something? and the potential for greatness yada yada and so forth..

or maybe it was a vivid dream, someone help!

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
WP8 has been out for 2 weeks ........

Apps need time to be updated and then have to go through the certification process. It's just a matter of time.

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't believe the "soon" or "before the new year" comments, no one at Miscrosoft ever mentioned Instagram. There are apps with the same functionality indeed but Instagram is more about the social aspect than the actual filters so you can't really replace it. We have to hope facebook and Microsoft come to an agreement about it.

But instagram was part of the 49/50 most popular apps coming to WP8

chrgeorgeson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Until I see it in writing or on the app store, I just don't believe it's coming. MS would have said "Everyone Instagram is coming to WP8!" They didn't, they did mention Pandora and a few other titles but never released a list of all the apps (at least from my searching) that said Instagram was coming.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Every couple of days, I hop on to my Twitter account and post the following:

@instagram @instagramapp @instagramhelp PLEASE make a @windowsphone app. Or allow posting pics from 3rd party apps. PLEASE.

Think it would make a statement if every WP user with a Twitter account did the same thing? That same message coming from all of us? Hmm...

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Just keep hitting them up via email, Facebook and Twitter. If they don't feel like it's worth the effort they won't develop it. People need to keep speaking up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss