Artist image on music live tile question...

renster721

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice that the artist image on the music + videos tile fades away when music is paused or not playing?

In WP7 the image of the last artist remained whether music was playing or not. It's a shame because the WP8 live tile looks really good. Is everyone experiencing the same thing with the image going away, or am I missing something in the settings?

Using the 920 if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help.

xacious

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Its a part of windows phone 8 unfortunately 😒. I agree the live tile with the artist pic was a way better live tile choice than fading to that hideous green.... Maybe they'll change it back if enough people request it

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't notice it on my 920. I have the small icon. But when I had it big I remember not liking it as much as my HD7.

Last edited:

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Having an option to switch between the plain looking headphone icon, playing now cover and an album cover mix (like the people tile) would be nice.

I have the Music tile in the smallest state because right now it's useless to have it bigger.

Pondimus

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I would just be happy if WP8 would read the album art in the metadata without having to to enable the XBox music store disaster.

renster721

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Bummer that it's a complete change from WP7. Would people be interested if I make a feature request on the official WP request page?

The request would be to make the live tile art remain even when paused.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I would certainly be interested. I currently have the tile on doublewide as I love the way it looks. I can live with a massive green tile while no music is playing - I find it helps keep the Start screen from looking too cluttered, and breaks up my other live tiles, but it would be cool if it kept the art and fancy sliding text. 😵

SaucePolicy

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How do you get the tile to show the album cover? Mine just shows the artist and song name scrolling in an ugly grey color when a song is playing. I didn't use the windows phone app preview to sync my music because it is terrible. I just drag and dropped into the music folder. Also I have connect with xbox music and cloud turned off but even if I turn it on, it shows ugly grey.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice that the artist image on the music + videos tile fades away when music is paused or not playing?

In WP7 the image of the last artist remained whether music was playing or not. It's a shame because the WP8 live tile looks really good. Is everyone experiencing the same thing with the image going away, or am I missing something in the settings?

Using the 920 if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help.

A lot of features are broken with this music service (honestly speaking it doesn't have that many features to begin with). I nnoticed it on day one, but it's far less annoying than syncing and creating playlists

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12